Boston Red Sox are Cheaters

LRCW

It always sounded to me that Gwynn didn't want false intelligence or just didn't want it in his head. One of the highest batting averages ever, he didn't need the help. Never heard Ripken speak on it but I think they just say it as a mentality.

The only way to get MLB hitters out is to change speeds. If you're telling me you don't want to know if it's coming in at 95, 85, or 78, you're crazy.

Changing speeds is ONE way to get MLB hitters out. Location, movement, deception are other ways. Not every pitcher in the bigs throws off speed stuff. Very few have great change ups, and some guys get by with cutters, and others throw all power stuff, ie fastballs and sliders. Good hitters understand tendencies, and do a good job of guessing, as well as being able to adjust when they guess wrong. Others, are great at hitting mistakes.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing speeds is ONE way to get MLB hitters out. Location, movement, deception are other ways. Not every pitcher in the bigs throws off speed stuff. Very few have great change ups, and some guys get by with cutters, and others throw all power stuff, ie fastballs and sliders. Good hitters understand tendencies, and do a good job of guessing, as well as being able to adjust when they guess wrong. Others, are great at hitting mistakes.

Agree with all you said but no one survives throwing one speed. It is why guys DON'T make it. If you can't control a second or third pitch, you get shelled because they sit on one speed (i.e. they know what is coming) and you get sent down to the minors until you can.