NKYFL Fine for Scrimmaging Covington Catholic Youth Programs

4th&1

I am guessing they probably could too.

This Fine Policy sounds like ten kinds of hypocrisy to me.

Makes you wonder.....how can Fort Thomas field two Senior teams yet not be part of the league?? Can't they take kids from anywhere?? If so, how are they different from Cov Cath??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also while we are at it everyone, if for whatever reason, a kid from Fort Thomas wants to play for one of the Campbell County teams in the NKYFL are they allowed to play or does the NKYFL refuse to allow them into the league (you know, territories and all) and does the NKYFL tell the kid/parents they have to play in the Fort Thomas League?

I can tell you there are kids that live in Fort Thomas that play for the Red Devils. I don't know how the league works, but I know this is true.

I can tell you there are kids that live in Fort Thomas that play for the Red Devils. I don't know how the league works, but I know this is true.

I think we have figured out how the league works. They hate Covington Catholic and they are doing everything in their power to undermine and isolate the Covington Catholic Football Program.

Cov Cath is NOT why teams are folding. Although, maybe, just maybe parents see it as a better option. Much like parents moving their kids to middle school football instead of them playing in the senior division. Kids are leaving for a reason. If there are better options, people are going to take them. Years of "daddy ball", adult egos, win at all costs and lots of other problems are starting to catch up to the NKYFL. Fining teams for playing Cov Cath isn't going to prevent or fix any of those problems.

Don't know anything about daddy ball. I will tell you this 11 Freshman are starting for Simon Kenton one is a qb that already got minutes in a varsity game that came up playing for South Kenton. The youth coaches must be doing something right.

Don't know anything about daddy ball. I will tell you this 11 Freshman are starting for South Kenton one is a qb that already got minutes in a varsity. The youth coaches must be doing something right.

Freshman playing in the NKYFL, that would have to be a rules violation.

Don't know anything about daddy ball. I will tell you this 11 Freshman are starting for Simon Kenton one is a qb that already got minutes in a varsity game that came up playing for South Kenton. The youth coaches must be doing something right.

You're right...it wasn't fair for me to completely generalize the situation with the issues I described. Obviously, it's not across the board and there are positives and negatives with every situation. Perhaps it would be more accurate, and fair for me to say that often times the NKYFL is it's own worst enemy, and that while not everyone across the board, there are enough folks that are involved, that are in it for not necessarily the right reasons, and adult egos often get in the way.

Ironically, you mention South Kenton's program who was one of the last ones still holding on, and now it too has folded up shop. Why are so many Senior age kids choosing to play elsewhere??

I don't know anything about the CovCath youth league but I do know NKYFL has raised all kinds of money for charities and for families in need. They are always helping kids and families in need.

And I applaud them for that.

You're right...it wasn't fair for me to completely generalize the situation with the issues I described. Obviously, it's not across the board and there are positives and negatives with every situation. Perhaps it would be more accurate, and fair for me to say that often times the NKYFL is it's own worst enemy, and that while not everyone across the board, there are enough folks that are involved, that are in it for not necessarily the right reasons, and adult egos often get in the way.

Ironically, you mention South Kenton's program who was one of the last ones still holding on, and now it too has folded up shop. Why are so many Senior age kids choosing to play elsewhere??

South Kenton didn't have a Senior team this year. Only because alot of the kids who would be Seniors went to Twenhofel to play. I know South Kenton has plenty of kids and should be able to field a Senior team next year and the year after that.

South Kenton didn't have a Senior team this year. Only because alot of the kids who would be Seniors went to Twenhofel to play. I know South Kenton has plenty of kids and should be able to field a Senior team next year and the year after that.

I realize many went to play at Twenhofel. My question wasn't that, it was why so many decided to play at Twenhofel. Twenhofel has a bunch of 6th graders. That wouldn't seem to bode well for a South Kenton Senior team for the next 2 years.

I realize many went to play at Twenhofel. My question wasn't that, it was why so many decided to play at Twenhofel. Twenhofel has a bunch of 6th graders. That wouldn't seem to bode well for a South Kenton Senior team for the next 2 years.

Not sure why. 6th graders don't get much playing time at Twenhofel. But that just means more playing time for the kids at South Kenton.