A friend just bought a 2017 Camero SS...

BigVMan23

...and just took me for a ride. 6.2 liter, 455 hp, 0-6 of 4 seconds. And yes, we did a 0-60...and it was FAST. Also did a rolling start, went from about 20 mph to 90...pretty much in the time it took me to say "oh man". The SS is the model just below the top of the line ZL1, with the supercharged 6.2 liter, pushing 200 more horse power. I'm not sure what one would do with that much more hp...on the street anyway. The SS is eye opening itself, I can't imagine what the ZL1 is like.

Love the new blue colored ones.

That's what he wanted to get and his wife hated the color. Ended up with a silver one with an optional stripe package that's pretty sharp, and optional blacked out rims. The blue one did have the magnetic suspension control package, the one he bought doesn't, but he said it wasn't something he really wanted anyway.

Something that surprised me was how well "mannered" the suspension was. It wasn't bone jarring stiff and was more comfortable than I thought it would be.

And yes Snottie, head was pinned back a couple of time during the ride...even if just briefly. It was impressive, by far the most powerful car I have actual rode in.