Highlands hoopsters to NCC

Do not see where anyone is mad about anything other than maybe those doing the transferring. There are a few other things that I would be interested in knowing, but the truth will never be told so it is not worth putting it out there.

Then why did you start this thread?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this comes to fruition Highlands will take a hit and NCC will get a bump. Can't see how this will materially impact the end result for either team - neither will be in play for a regional championship.

Like a soap opera playing out...

This......

This is my opinion why kids these days don't have loyalty or want to work for anything. If at one school it doesn't go well for them then lets transfer to 1 or 2 and maybe 3 schools that will do want they want or go with the flavor of the month so to speak.

The only ones that should have an opinion on it is the kid and his/her parents!!

Hmmmm...... I guess but there are definitely other people that are impacted by the decision. Especially since schools get funding based on the number of butts in the classroom.

I would have zero problem. It isn't anyones business where a parent sends their child.

So should we just do away with school districts? As in school zones?

This is my opinion why kids these days don't have loyalty or want to work for anything. If at one school it doesn't go well for them then lets transfer to 1 or 2 and maybe 3 schools that will do want they want or go with the flavor of the month so to speak.

Kind of like what adults do when they change jobs. Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. I see no reason for someone to stay in a situation where they aren't happy. Again, adults do it all the time.

Kenton cty has open enrollment now. But Boone cty doesn't

Yes Kenton county has open enrollment, and have for a long time. Again, remember, it's not just willy nilly open enrollment. You have to apply and get accepted by the school you want to go to if you wish to attend a school outside of where you live. If your grades/behavior aren't good, open enrollment is not an option for you in Kenton County. I see kids get denied all the time.

Should an extracurricular activity and it's state assocation/board be allowed to have rules regarding participation?

Either it is so difficult to enforce or the state association is so bad at enforcement, the current rules have little impact on the vast majority of athletic transfers.

Either it is so difficult to enforce or the state association is so bad at enforcement, the current rules have little impact on the vast majority of athletic transfers.

For the record I really don't care where the kids want to go. If they want to go to NCC I wish them the best.