Highlands hoopsters to NCC

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was a basketball player living in Campbell County I would be looking at NCC and Campbell before Highlands. Honestly, Highlands wouldn't even be on my radar.

Would be looking at Bishop Brossart before Highlands as well.

I don't think I have seen any Highlands fans kicking and screaming here in reference to Football Forever mentioning the Girls team getting a transfer.

It is a parent's choice to choose a school for whatever reason and that is the bottom line.

Why would anyone need a waiver to transfer to a catholic school? If the Sullivan kid got one playing Varsity Hoops at WV in the winter and Varsity Baseball at NCC in the Spring during the same year, I would have to think the Poseys will be fine with their situation.

Well that's a different part of it that is concerning.

High School is not always the kids decision. Finances, logistics,, what parents think are best for their kids all matter.

If this comes to fruition Highlands will take a hit and NCC will get a bump. Can't see how this will materially impact the end result for either team - neither will be in play for a regional championship.

Like a soap opera playing out...

Thank you......exactly like a soap opera. Same old scene played out over and over again. Maybe I'm just too old but I remember the good ole days when you went to the school where you lived, played with your friends and participated in each sport in its season. It could still be like that.....in theory.

Today, as the world turns...........you attend multiple schools, play with your friend you met playing club somewhere, and you transfer to a different school in the same school year dependent on what sport is in season.

Then we act like its a mystery and get on here and discuss why the kids are being moved when we all know that Grandpa Joe isn't really dead, he actually has been living in that district that has that really good football team !

So the characters change and the plot line stays the same......we move kids for academic reasons and they also like to play sports. The grass is always greener............or is it? Stay tuned......

Thank you......exactly like a soap opera. Same old scene played out over and over again. Maybe I'm just too old but I remember the good ole days when you went to the school where you lived, played with your friends and participated in each sport in its season. It could still be like that.....in theory.

Today, as the world turns...........you attend multiple schools, play with your friend you met playing club somewhere, and you transfer to a different school in the same school year dependent on what sport is in season.

Then we act like its a mystery and get on here and discuss why the kids are being moved when we all know that Grandpa Joe isn't really dead, he actually has been living in that district that has that really good football team !

So the characters change and the plot line stays the same......we move kids for academic reasons and they also like to play sports. The grass is always greener............or is it? Stay tuned......

If they do go to NewCath, they will be playing with the kids they grew up with.