Kroger U-Scan Checkout Experience

Bluto

I'm at the U-Scan machine in the Self-Checkout lanes at Kroger. I already think that "Self-Checkout" sounds like a medical pre-screening procedure for "private areas".

When I push the touch screen, a woman's voice says "Place onions on scanner, and wait."

Excuse me???

Then she tells me to place onions in the bagging area. At this point I'm cracking up, and everyone else is looking at me like I'm a zit or something.

That's funny!

I tried that U-Scan feature once a few years ago, and thought it was a decent idea. Then I looked over at the checkout line, and saw all the teenagers (including some with disabilities) I was putting out of work, and never used it again.

That's funny!

I tried that U-Scan feature once a few years ago, and thought it was a decent idea. Then I looked over at the checkout line, and saw all the teenagers (including some with disabilities) I was putting out of work, and never used it again.

What about all the folks who went to college to do computer programming to get a skill to create these digital scanners? What will they do for jobs? Obviously you can afford higher prices and Braxton brews so the potentially higher food costs don't bother you.

When I push the touch screen, a woman's voice says "Place onions on scanner, and wait."

Excuse me???

Then she tells me to place onions in the bagging area. At this point I'm cracking up, and everyone else is looking at me like I'm a zit or something.

They always smashed my bread and bagged my meats with my vegetables.

Am I missing something here, or are these two posts saying the same thing about different products ? :eek:

That's funny!

The grandchildren of those who were put out of work by self-serve gas stations.