Draft Announcements are getting out of control

Really? You think the goons they trot out there to announce the picks increase viewership?

If they did what @theguru is wanting, they'd have to extend coverage by at least double. It's already way too long for anyone to watch as it is. No chance people tune in if every round took 3-4 hours.

If they did what @theguru is wanting, they'd have to extend coverage by at least double. It's already way too long for anyone to watch as it is. No chance people tune in if every round took 3-4 hours.

Now you are taking it out of context.

Later rounds have less time between them and the hardcore presentation would have to keep it right on time.

It wouldn't be any longer, if anything, the draft would be shorter.

I thought guru was endorsing the short and sweet plan. Announce em when they're made and move along. Or maybe I misunderstood.

I wish one of the Networks would offer a hardcore, no nonsense approach to draft coverage that first and foremost includes announcing the pick as soon as it is in and then debating the pros and cons of each pick. Or in simple terms, run all rounds of the draft like the NFL runs and covers round 1 of the NFL Draft.

That's what he said. If they announce every pick like the do in the 1st round and then discuss every pick and the pros and cons of it, there's no way they wouldn't fall way behind. They'd have to extend the clock time for each pick so they had enough time to discuss each and every pick in depth.

I thought guru was endorsing the short and sweet plan. Announce em when they're made and move along. Or maybe I misunderstood.

You thought right.

Even though we often go at each other, normally in texts everyone, we are usually on the same page or really close.

I wish one of the Networks would offer a hardcore, no nonsense approach to draft coverage that first and foremost includes announcing the pick as soon as it is in and then debating the pros and cons of each pick. Or in simple terms, run all rounds of the draft like the NFL runs and covers round 1 of the NFL Draft.

That's what he said. If they announce every pick like the do in the 1st round and then discuss every pick and the pros and cons of it, there's no way they wouldn't fall way behind. They'd have to extend the clock time for each pick so they had enough time to discuss each and every pick in depth.

No!

The hardcore presentation gets what it gets. The mandate is you have to run exactly on time with the picks being in.

The example of the 1st round was an example to show everyone how great it can be before the circus act takes off in day two.

No!

The hardcore presentation gets what it gets. The mandate is you have to run exactly on time with the picks being in.

The example of the 1st round was an example to show everyone how great it can be before the circus act takes off in day two.

So basically you want them to announce the pick, no discussion and then move on? I agree. That would definitely be best. That's not, however, what you said in the post I originally quoted. You wanted pros and cons of each pick discussed, which they don't have time for.

So basically you want them to announce the pick, no discussion and then move on? I agree. That would definitely be best. That's not, however, what you said in the post I originally quoted. You wanted pros and cons of each pick discussed, which they don't have time for.

If they don't have the circus, they do have a couple of minutes for pros and cons of each pick.