ESPN Cutting Employees Today

Wireman

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SethOnHoops: The best teammate I ever worked with was let go yesterday. @ESPNAndyKatz is incredibly talented & the most genuine & sincere person I know.

Wait, what? They got rid of Katz?

Wow. I didn't realize they let Andy Katz go. That is the one I find the most shocking. Even more than Ed Werder.

Um, why does it matter that they are black?

No, I'm glad they got rid of the some of the ones they did(white or black) and could have gotten rid of Vitale and others, but if they had gotten rid of the ones I mentioned all at one time and the race card wasn't played all over the media 24 hours a day, you and PP92 and all the others that disagree know less than what I thought you did

No, I'm glad they got rid of the some of the ones they did(white or black) and could have gotten rid of Vitale and others, but if they had gotten rid of the ones I mentioned all at one time and the race card wasn't played all over the media 24 hours a day, you and PP92 and all the others that disagree know less than what I thought you did

So they didn't fire them because they were afraid of the backlash? Is that what you're saying? They fired eleventy billion white people, and if those four or five black people had been fired, you think it would have been made racial?

Based on what you have already said I could care less what you thought I knew.

Call me whatever, but I'm old enough to remember when why'd show sports from different countries around midnight. I also did what many did and watched rerun after rerun before school. I'm now 34 with three kids, so the main reason is not enough time. I only watch tv for UK sporting events, PBS, and college and pro football. ESPN has little to do with it.

I also agree that ESPN, like MTV, got way far away from its roots. We'd stay up just to watch Head Bangers ball on Saturday nights. How many talking head shows can one channel have? And they all cover the same topics. Mike and mike could be the same as PTI. It also hurts in my opinion that they cover the NFL almost forceably when there isn't anything to cover.

Plenty of reasons, and I'd say then beating dead horses, more options for viewers and mega contracts, instead of politics is what did them in.

I'm not oblivious to anything. Their left leaning ways is not their downfall and I have stated that since joining this thread. Anyone who thinks that is their downfall is misinformed and biased. I think it is humorous and hilarious that anyone would think they laid off 100 people because they lean to the left.
Did you read my post at all?