ESPN Cutting Employees Today

Wireman

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm indifferent. I don't agree with a lot of things he says but as petty as I am I still would watch ESPN whether he is an employee for them or not.
I liked him even more when he called out Phil Jackson. For the record, I totally agreed with him. But even when I don't, I don't tire of him like some others. Skip Bayless is the one that raked my nerves.

ESPN Firing Over A Hundred Employees Today | Outkick The Coverage I think Clay Travis lays it out pretty well here:

"Middle America wants to pop a beer and listen to sports talk, they don't want to be lectured about why Caitlyn Jenner is a hero, Michael Sam is the new Jackie Robinson of sports, and Colin Kaepernick is the Rosa Parks of football. ESPN made the mistake of trying to make liberal social media losers happy and as a result lost millions of viewers. "

I could have dealt without the loser comment because it seems pretentious, but I still think the basic premise is there. There is nothing wrong with any of those stances, but that's not what America wants from their sports coverage.

ESPN Firing Over A Hundred Employees Today | Outkick The Coverage I think Clay Travis lays it out pretty well here:

"Middle America wants to pop a beer and listen to sports talk, they don't want to be lectured about why Caitlyn Jenner is a hero, Michael Sam is the new Jackie Robinson of sports, and Colin Kaepernick is the Rosa Parks of football. ESPN made the mistake of trying to make liberal social media losers happy and as a result lost millions of viewers. "

I could have dealt without the loser comment because it seems pretentious, but I still think the basic premise is there. There is nothing wrong with either of those stances, but that's not what America wants from their sports coverage.

I think he is wrong as all get out. Doesn't fit his agenda though.

How is he wrong? Is he wrong about middle America or is he wrong about why ESPN is failing?

Wrong about why ESPN is failing. The downfall of ESPN was predicted years ago. For all his talk about Caitlyn Jenner, Michael Sam and Colin Kaepernick there were plenty of people on camera at ESPN who weren't in favor of any of them. Plenty. And Stephen A has been very very critical of Colin Kaepernick so, no, I'm not buying this reasoning that the ESPN being political is their downfall.

Wrong about why ESPN is failing. The downfall of ESPN was predicted years ago. For all his talk about Caitlyn Jenner, Michael Sam and Colin Kaepernick there were plenty of people on camera at ESPN who weren't in favor of any of them. Plenty. And Stephen A has been very very critical of Colin Kaepernick so, no, I'm not buying this reasoning that the ESPN being political is their downfall.
It's not about being pro-Kaepernick or anti-Kaepernick it's about the fact that I don't want to hear about Colin Kaepernick unless it's about his play on the field.