ESPN Cutting Employees Today

Wireman

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it has more to do with the rise of FS1 and other outlets, but the loss of great talent has definitely factored in too.

FS1 gets 0.1 ratings. It has zero to do with FS1, CBSSN, or any other sports outlet. It's the loss of talent and the fact that people don't need sports news from their TV anymore.

In all honesty, the biggest thing ESPN needs to do it cut their bogus recruiting analysts. Those bozos are garbage. Imagine how much money they are pumping into this system to promote their garbage ratings when they could just give 247 or Scout a little airtime every time they talk about recruiting. It's a joke.

Some of these talking head shows now on ESPN are just terrible. And is it just me or is Jemele Hill and that whole show just awful? Don't know how anyone listens to her.

I make a point to not watch Sportscenter at 6 anymore when often times I left it on while cooking or playing with the dog or something.

Right there with both of you. The only show that I try to tune into each night during the week is Pardon The Interruption. Several times in the past few weeks I've been preoccupied when it's ended and Sportscenter has come on. Can't watch it. Just can't.

Well, last I saw ESPN had roughly 80 million subscribers and BTN had a little over 50 million.

BTN is in 12 major markets. Just wondering is ESPN didn't feel the salaries of B1G analysts was justified.

ESPN has closer to 90 million subscribers, but that really doesn't matter. ESPN just signed a deal with the Big10 last summer to broadcast a chunk of games, doesn't make sense to cut B1G analyst unless it's just a few and not most of them.

ESPN has closer to 90 million subscribers, but that really doesn't matter. ESPN just signed a deal with the Big10 last summer to broadcast a chunk of games, doesn't make sense to cut B1G analyst unless it's just a few and not most of them.

ESPN has always broadcast B1G games though. I think that deal gave them a higher choice of games, as opposed to more games.

I'm just curious if they think the B1G fans, which is a large sector of folks, are looking to BTN for analysis. Therefore, reducing salaries in that area.

Just asking the question.

ESPN has always broadcast B1G games though. I think that deal gave them a higher choice of games, as opposed to more games.

I'm just curious if they think the B1G fans, which is a large sector of folks, are looking to BTN for analysis. Therefore, reducing salaries in that area.

Just asking the question.

Could be, that would make sense.