ESPN Cutting Employees Today

Wireman

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a result of Sportscenter switching from a strictly reporting station to more of an entertainment product.

They always have women reporting on men's sports. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I'd much rather hear a former player analyze a coaches subbing decisions than Doris Burke.

They constantly bring up equality and racism topics. Jemele on SC6 blasted Geno Auriemma for "sexist comments" after he stated that there are more men's coaches in women's sports simply because there are more men who wish to be coaches.

It stinks because they basically have a monopoly on a TON of actual sports topics (press conferences, post game interviews, some highlights etc.) but I have watched a lot more NBATV this year than ESPN for that reason.

ESPN is slowing turning into the MTV of Sports. MTV was great when it was music and music videos, then one reality hit show and the entire network went off of the rails.

ESPN is great when it is showing sports, but a couple of talking heads shows got big ratings and that's all they want to show now. Too many opinion based shows and not enough actual sports. Bring back Aussie Rules Football or the Highlands games from Scotland just about anything would be better than watching the yell fest that daytime ESPN has turned into.

I think this is a result of Sportscenter switching from a strictly reporting station to more of an entertainment product.

They always have women reporting on men's sports. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I'd much rather hear a former player analyze a coaches subbing decisions than Doris Burke.

They constantly bring up equality and racism topics. Jemele on SC6 blasted Geno Auriemma for "sexist comments" after he stated that there are more men's coaches in women's sports simply because there are more men who wish to be coaches.

It stinks because they basically have a monopoly on a TON of actual sports topics (press conferences, post game interviews, some highlights etc.) but I have watched a lot more NBATV this year than ESPN for that reason.

ESPN has definitely moved ultra-left leaning and I think it's hurting them significantly. Vast majority of people who are their target audience don't want to hear their social justice opinions, they want sports and only sports.

Believe the plan is for him and his Dad to be the hosts of the "new" Mike & Mike once Greeny takes his new gig.

Wow...that could be mind numbing! I don't really like Greeny, but he does at least give a contrast to Golic. I don't want two Golics any more than I'd want two Greenys.

Wow...that could be mind numbing! I don't really like Greeny, but he does at least give a contrast to Golic. I don't want two Golics any more than I'd want two Greenys.

Golic Jr is much better than Golic Sr. IMO. And both are heads and shoulders above Greeny. Again, my opinion.

Lots of ESPN hosts/reporters on Twitter taking exception to people discussing and speculating about who is losing their job. Find it kind of ironic considering they make their living doing it with coaches, players, GMs, etc. all the time....

Haha. Yep, the DEFINITION of irony.