Eli Manning Part of a Rackateering Scheme?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been going on since 2011 or 2012.

And I'm not reaching at all, i think that's what theyre doing.

He literally could have meant anything by saying that. I think if he'd said "pass off as" vs "pass as" it would be more damning of an email.

Regardless, I'm not saying he did or did not do it, I'm saying that isn't a smoking gun and i don't think it proves much.

While in a court of law you might be right, in the court of public opinion and the court of Roger Goodell I think that is more than sufficient evidence to "convict" him so to speak. These emails are just as damning if not more so than the texts between equipment managers regarding deflategate.

While in a court of law you might be right, in the court of public opinion and the court of Roger Goodell I think that is more than sufficient evidence to "convict" him so to speak. These emails are just as damning if not more so than the texts between equipment managers regarding deflategate.

I disagree. And Goodell can't do anything with these emails alone. Eli didnt say, "give me two that will pass off as game used"

He said "pass as game used"

The term "game used" will be scrutinized since players wear some equipment for short periods, like warm ups, so they can be classified as "game used".

He's already convicted in the court of public opinion even if new info comes out exonerating him. My point is these emails aren't enough proof of anything really.

I disagree. And Goodell can't do anything with these emails alone. Eli didnt say, "give me two that will pass off as game used"

He said "pass as game used"

The term "game used" will be scrutinized since players wear some equipment for short periods, like warm ups, so they can be classified as "game used".

He's already convicted in the court of public opinion even if new info comes out exonerating him. My point is these emails aren't enough proof of anything really.

Hmm after re reading a few times I can see where you're coming from. If "give me two that will pass as game used" were instead written as "give me two that will count as game used" then you're right. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective.

Hmm after re reading a few times I can see where you're coming from. If "give me two that will pass as game used" were instead written as "give me two that will count as game used" then you're right. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective.

Its why I said the email proves nothing.

There are probably some standards to classify something as "game used" but I bet they arent strict. These dealers probably dont carrle because they can sell anything...so they will take a helmet he wore for a few minutes during warm ups and consider it game used...

OR...

What if he meant two helmets that are game used and look game used, i.e. have damage or marks to show theyre game used...

Not banned for life IMO, but what kind of punishment would he deserve.

What would any avg Joe get for being found guilty of fraud? Jail time? I think it depends on how much money was made to determine the severity.

In the end because he is a celebrity, he will get a slap in the writer while others involved will be the scapegoats

I think that article is a little misleading.

I dont know how the emails they have are considered a "smoking gun". In the emails Eli asks the equipment manager for two helmets that can pass as game used...

Thats it.

That could mean many things. He then tells his agent he will have them the next day.

If that's all they have thats not enough to prove anything imo.

Really? Lol. Then tell us, what do you think he meant when asking for 2 helmets that could pass for game used?

This has been going on since 2011 or 2012.

And I'm not reaching at all, i think that's what theyre doing.

He literally could have meant anything by saying that. I think if he'd said "pass off as" vs "pass as" it would be more damning of an email.

Regardless, I'm not saying he did or did not do it, I'm saying that isn't a smoking gun and i don't think it proves much.

You're defense of Eli reminds me of Bill Clintons defense of his purgery deposition when he said he didn't know what the word "is" means lol.

So counselor, what is your definition of "pass as" and how does it differ from your definition of "pass off as" lol

What would any avg Joe get for being found guilty of fraud? Jail time? I think it depends on how much money was made to determine the severity.

In the end because he is a celebrity, he will get a slap in the writer while others involved will be the scapegoats

Dang that autocorrect.