March 26, 20179 yr The Bengals now only have 10 players on their roster older than 30. So it's definitely a youth movement. The play of our young tackles and how well we do in this upcoming draft. Will determine if this team goes back to a team that could possibly contend or will continue on a downhill slide. This draft is their most important draft they have had since the 2011 draft.
March 27, 20179 yr Broncos are after Maualuga. They have a former Bengals coach as their head coach now. They already signed Peko, might as well get Rey Rey too. So now other teams want the Bengals cast offs. Shows how good the Bengals must be. ?
March 27, 20179 yr Author They have a former Bengals coach as their head coach now. They already signed Peko, might as well get Rey Rey too. So now other teams want the Bengals cast offs. Shows how good the Bengals must be. I think it shows how bad some teams have no depth.
March 27, 20179 yr Burfict at weak side, Minter in the middle and Vigil at strong side now. I think it's still very likely that they draft Foster in the first since we seem to be wanting to get younger, but I just wonder if they'd be comfortable putting Foster at SAM like they did to Rey. Some might say that's what ruined Rey, but others might say that there's a reason that he dropped so far in the draft and he was never going to be good as a pro. I'm not sure which one I believe.
March 27, 20179 yr I think it's still very likely that they draft Foster in the first since we seem to be wanting to get younger, but I just wonder if they'd be comfortable putting Foster at SAM like they did to Rey. Some might say that's what ruined Rey, but others might say that there's a reason that he dropped so far in the draft and he was never going to be good as a pro. I'm not sure which one I believe. That's why I don't see them drafting foster. I believe the plan is to keep Minter long term. However to avoid losing the compensation picks they will receive next year for the losses of Zeitler and Whit. The Bengals couldn't give Minter a big multiyear deal. The deal the Bengals have Minter allows them to save the comp picks they will receive next year. They will draft a backer in the draft, but now in the middle rounds imo.
March 28, 20179 yr That's why I don't see them drafting foster. I believe the plan is to keep Minter long term. However to avoid losing the compensation picks they will receive next year for the losses of Zeitler and Whit. The Bengals couldn't give Minter a big multiyear deal. The deal the Bengals have Minter allows them to save the comp picks they will receive next year. They will draft a backer in the draft, but now in the middle rounds imo. Another smart move by Mike Brown in the business-sense if that's the case with the comp picks :thumb: (he said he doesn't run much anymore, though, so who knows?) I guess Minter's still young enough that it wouldn't be bad to let him be a cornerstone of our defense and be the leader. I wonder if Burfict will still call the plays? I guess it depends on what kind of leadership role Minter takes. I think that we still could look for a SAM early in the draft, just probably not in the first round, because Marvin's a defensive guy and probably is in love with that HOF backing core he had in Baltimore in 2000 (the one with that guy who murdered someone). I can't wait for the draft!
July 16, 20179 yr Author I guess Rey is staying in shape at Ludlow Bromley Yacht Club seen him down there tonight lol.
August 20, 20179 yr Author Won't be long before he gets in trouble in South Beach's nightlife. He loves the night life.
August 21, 20179 yr What are the terms he agreed to with the Dolphins? Two weeks in. Was that a 'veteran' deal to miss some camp or do they have a need? Always curious to see if players got more or less after the Bengals let them go. Pretty good indication on how the front office is doing.
August 21, 20179 yr What are the terms he agreed to with the Dolphins? Two weeks in. Was that a 'veteran' deal to miss some camp or do they have a need? Always curious to see if players got more or less after the Bengals let them go. Pretty good indication on how the front office is doing. The Dolphins lost their 2nd round LB pick to a torn ACL in the first preseason game. Rey signed for the league veteran minimum $900k one year deal. Miami Dolphins add LB Rey Maualuga | Miami Herald From the article: Maualuga, 30, agreed to a deal that will pay him $900,000 in base salary (the minimum for a ninth-year veteran). The Dolphins will invoke the minimum salary benefit, which essentially means the nine-year veteran will count $615,000 against the team’s salary cap. The Dolphins previously used the MSB on cornerback Alterruan Verner in order to diminish the salary cap hit although not the actual salary for the eighth-year veteran. Maualuga was one of several veterans the team considered last week following McMillan’s injury. Ultimately, his experience under defensive coordinator Matt Burke, who was his position coach in Cincinnati, might have tipped the scales toward him as the Dolphins were deciding on which player to sign.
August 21, 20179 yr He loves the night life. Yep, some places even assigned security to him to watch him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.