Inappropriate "Selfies"

I have no problem with selfies, for what they are, and take quite a few of the Mrs. and I when we're gallivanting around. I have no intention of stopping. I did the about the same thing when I had a conventional SLR or Kodak Instamatic. A selfie is the same thing as having somebody take a picture of you (and who you're with) when on a trip. The difference being you are not inconveniencing somebody else to do it.

The people taking inappropriate pictures at these hallowed places would do so regardless of the method being used. The medium is not the problem. Take away selfies and this will behavior will still go on. Stupid is as stupid does.

I venture to say pictures like these were taken long before the first selfie was saved. However, the second medium, social media, was not around to broadcast the inappropriate behavior around the world in a matter of milliseconds.

I'll see if I can find the link, but someone did a really haunting project where they took selfies people had taken at the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin and photoshopped them to look like they were taking them right in front of real Holocaust victims. You can imagine the response.

I think I saw the same thing. The guy basically tried to embarrass the selfie-takers (as they should have been) and wouldn't take it down until they publicly apologized for what they did. I loved it.

I'll see if I can find the link, but someone did a really haunting project where they took selfies people had taken at the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin and photoshopped them to look like they were taking them right in front of real Holocaust victims. You can imagine the response.

Berlin Holocaust Memorial selfies proved to be disrespectful by Yolocaust website | Metro News

FYI some graphic images