Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Inappropriate "Selfies"

Featured Replies

Those who know me know that I'm not a big fan of "selfies." In this topic, I want to take up the subject of inappropriate "selfies." I have known people who have taken smiling and "thumbs up" selfies at the gravesite of Jon Benet Ramsey, at the 9-11 Memorial, in front of the remnants of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal building in Oklahoma City. I have also read about people taking smiling "selfies" at Auschwitz and the Holocaust Museum.

 

Maybe I am alone in finding this despicable, but I find these "selfies" very inappropriate. It's harder and harder to argue RTS's assertion that "people suck."

 

What do you think? Is there such a thing as an inappropriate "selfie" ?

I think all of the ones you posted are inappropriate to take a smiling or laughing "Selfie" at.

I was sure this thread was going to be about the women that take bathroom selfies and forgot to flush the toilet first...leaving a #2 floating in the background.

Agree. Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Classless people looking for social media material to get more "likes" and "retweets".

I think I liked us all better before smart phones.

All selfies are inappropriate.

 

I just stood up and clapped.

I'll see if I can find the link, but someone did a really haunting project where they took selfies people had taken at the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin and photoshopped them to look like they were taking them right in front of real Holocaust victims. You can imagine the response.

All selfies are inappropriate.

 

Adamantly disagree. :lol2:

All selfies are inappropriate.

 

Anthony Weiner disagrees!

Yep, I stand by it. In general, people suck. Glad to see we're pretty much in agreement, SF. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.