Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All A Tourney....Quality event, folks are missing out.

Featured Replies

First I would like to thank the following for all their hard work in making this a top notch run event, all they do is greatly appreciated.

 

Classic Chairperson, Stan Steidel

Treasurer, Gary Munsie

Secretary, Mike Reeves

Art Competition Coordinator, Kevin Sullivan

Scholarship Program Coordinator, David Cowden

Media Coordinator/Webmaster, Mike Reeves

Supervisors of Officials, Ancie Casey/Dan Sullivan

Frankfort Convention Center Director, Robin Antenucci

 

I've said this 100's of times in the past, and multiple times this week.......if you are a casual fan or a hard-core HS hoops fan, if you have never been to this event you are MISSING OUT!!!

 

The price is extremely affordable, $10 a session ($8 pre-sale). The quality of hoops action you get to see is well worth the time to come an take in this event. You get to see teams and players you would more than likely never get to see.....and trust me, from what I got to see the past 4 days and nights was a HS hoops fans dream (quality players (Boys & Girls) and exciting games). There are so many very good players that I would never have known about were it not for this tourney, and It's nice to see players that you only read about on this site. Also nice to meet up with other BGP'ers. :thumb:

 

Special thanks to Mike Reeves for again reserving my spot at center court.....I get the best seat in the house.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was great to meet you! It really is a great event! Sorry I missed @Mack The Knife.

Thanks for all of your work providing us updates. It was the first time I'd been to the All A, but now that I've moved to Lexington I'll be back next year really enjoyed it!

Also enjoyed meeting you @Lawnboy13 and @The Professor !

I only got to attend Thursday games this year. Usually I get to take in more games. Lawnboy13 is correct. A first class event.

Top notch event.

 

The All A actually takes care of the teams better than the KHSAA.

Top notch event.

 

The All A actually takes care of the teams better than the KHSAA.

Fact!

Top notch event.

 

The All A actually takes care of the teams better than the KHSAA.

 

You think that might be because they funnel the vast majority of the $$ back to the kids.

You think that might be because they funnel the vast majority of the $$ back to the kids.

 

They do that for sure.

They give a lot of scholarships and they pay for a lot more for travel than the KHSAA

They do that for sure.

They give a lot of scholarships and they pay for a lot more for travel than the KHSAA

 

 

I know.

We, the fans of the "A" Classic, from the regional tournaments through the "A" State Tournament, certainly appreciate the opportunity to compete for a statewide championship, at a first-class venue, run by top-shelf folks.

 

This tournament breaks up the season and gives the bottom 50% sized teams a break in the doldrums of late season, regular season competition, and the chance to accomplish something their players and school might remember forever.

 

Thanks to Lawnboy for providing updates of each game, at his own expense, simply for love of the game. Judging from the number of users following each game, this is a much prized service.

 

Although we didn't have a team in it this year, allowing me to spend some quality time in Florida, I really missed not being a part of it this year and eagerly await our return to Frankfort, and the All "A" Classic State Tournament in the future.

Had a great time...play-by-play was excellent on BGP...Things went as planned. #ParisPride

I'd like to echo everything that @Lawnboy13 is saying here. The All A Classic State Tourney is an exciting first rate ran event that is every high school basketball junky's dream, and the Frankfort Convention Center is the perfect venue to have it in with its big arena feel, but one level small enough that there's not a bad seat in the house.

 

It's high caliber spirited team competition that showcases many supremely talented players, both boys and girls that you'd sorely be missing out on if you're letting the small school moniker dictate your perception of its big level intensity that is anything but small.

 

Y'know those goose bumps you get when you see driven talented kids playing their one shining moment hearts out in front of large enthusiastic student sections? Well it's found throughout this tournament in abundance, and along with it shines the proud worthy friendliness you will find in getting to meet many very nice folks from every far reaching corner of this great state of Kentucky.

 

It was also a pleasure to get to meet BGP members @The Professor @BigVMan23 and @TripleSevens

 

As a Northern Kentuckian who can sometimes feel a bit separated from the rest of the state, it's a welcome eye opening education of the unique spirit that runs north, south, east, and west and everywhere in between.

 

One thing too that I'd me remiss if I didn't mention is that if it's been awhile since you've seen girls high school basketball action you'd be doing yourself a huge favor to revisit it because I'm here to tell you that girls high school basketball surely has arrived.

 

Holy crap these girls are talented and play with a high b-ball IQ and intensity that I'm not afraid to say would have schooled me to death and kicked my butt up and down the floor when I was their age.

 

All in all a fantastic 5 days of action packed basketball, and it's great to see that the dream that Stan and all of the other original organizers had some 35 odd years ago continues to year after year establish its deep roots in the fine tradition of Kentucky High School Basketball.

1st time @ the All A on championship Sunday. Following Owen Co. last yr. I know how much these smaller communities take pride in their school. It's a great chance for them to make a run for a title without changing the winner take all format in March. I truly wish we had that instead of the 4 class system in Indiana. Seemed like a quality event and I'll be returning in the future.

Question for anyone from a smaller school, would you rather win the all A tournament or win your region in March and make it to Rupp?

1st time @ the All A on championship Sunday. Following Owen Co. last yr. I know how much these smaller communities take pride in their school. It's a great chance for them to make a run for a title without changing the winner take all format in March. I truly wish we had that instead of the 4 class system in Indiana. Seemed like a quality event and I'll be returning in the future.

Question for anyone from a smaller school, would you rather win the all A tournament or win your region in March and make it to Rupp?

 

Win State. All A.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.