Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All A Tourney....Quality event, folks are missing out.

Featured Replies

My brother and I only come to the tourney on Thursday but that gives us the opportunity to see all 16 boys teams. We leave home around 6:15am and return home after 1:00 am Friday. We've done this three straight years. It's well worth it. I enjoy the games and also talking to friends from my AD days. Also great to meet BGP members. Chatted with Lawnboy13 several times and had the pleasure of meeting B-Ball-fan, Triple-Sevens, and 16th B-Ball Fan for the first time.

 

I greatly appreciate the updates from Lawnboy13 and B-Ball Fan. I couldn't do what they do. The one day I go to the tournament is tiring enough. Sitting through every game from Wednesday through the championship games on Sunday is a tough job. Thank you both for the updates!

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1st time @ the All A on championship Sunday. Following Owen Co. last yr. I know how much these smaller communities take pride in their school. It's a great chance for them to make a run for a title without changing the winner take all format in March. I truly wish we had that instead of the 4 class system in Indiana. Seemed like a quality event and I'll be returning in the future.

Question for anyone from a smaller school, would you rather win the all A tournament or win your region in March and make it to Rupp?

 

Make it to the Sweet 16.

I really enjoyed it. Went to 6 games on Thursday, and liked it enough to go back for more on Friday. I had gone when I was a kid, so it was fun to go back. I'll definitely plan to go back in the future.

Got to meet both @B-Ball-fan and @Indiana Patrick yesterday at the boys finals. Good dudes. Only got to take in a couple of games this time but always have a good time when I go down there. First rate tournament for sure.

Does anyone have a list of venues and years where it was hosted?

The All A Championship Trophy is a lot better looking then the State Champion trophy too.

  • Author
The All A Championship Trophy is a lot better looking then the State Champion trophy too.

 

XtytJ.So.79.jpeg

Good meeting u all too @BigVMan23 and @Lawnboy13. You have to excuse my semi pro knowledge of Kentucky basketball, I was trying to keep up with you fellas but it's like learning a different language. I just started following games and teams in the Bluegrass since roughly 2010. You're welcome over the river anytime. My New Albany Bulldogs and Romeo Langford are worth the drive and price of admission.

The All A Championship Trophy is a lot better looking then the State Champion trophy too.

I agree. It actually looks like a state championship trophy.

Does anyone have a list of venues and years where it was hosted?

 

The first year it was held was 1990 and it was at Memorial Coliseum in Lexington. Not sure how many years it was held there. It was also at EKU for many years before moving to Frankfort.

For a few years in the 90's the boy's first round was held at Rupp Arena. Gallatin County played there in 1993.

I agree. It actually looks like a state championship trophy.
I agree the KHSAA trophy's are cheap and looked better back in 90's when the trophy's were in the shape of the state. They shouldn't give a runner up trophy because that's a total of 128 trophies.

 

However the All A region trophies get smaller every year. The regional trophies used tonbe about the size the state championship one is now.

 

Just the little things show the All A takes care of the athletes.

[ATTACH]60204[/ATTACH]

I would assume they put the team players engraved in a plate on the trophy which adds a nice touch as well

For a few years in the 90's the boy's first round was held at Rupp Arena. Gallatin County played there in 1993.

 

I think the first round was at Rupp in 1992 and 1993.

IMG_0018.JPGHere's the KHSAA. I really wish they would bring back the cup look trophies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.