Ashley Judd's "Nasty Woman" speech at the Woman's march 1-21-17

Watusi

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need someone to tell me why they are marching.. They don't like Trump.. I get that. But he is not taking any of their rights away or nothing of the sort.. Actually he supports women in every aspect other than he's against late term murder of babies ... Which a lot of women are against also..

Politics aside, that was just strange.

How do our resident female posters feel about her speech? Is this a good representation of feminism in America?

I can't speak to her speech because I haven't watched it. She's a UK fan so....

I think that there are many facets of feminism and what men (and many women) fail to understand is that feminism is empowerment. It is the empowerment to choose to be a stay at home mom, or pursue a career. It is supporting both our diversity and shared issues. It especially infuriates me women don't stand up for each other and tear each other down. There are liberal feminists and conservative femaniats, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, Catholic, Protestant, Jewish and Muslim and no religion. Feminism isn't a party platform. It is an empowered movement.

I really need someone to tell me why they are marching.. They don't like Trump.. I get that. But he is not taking any of their rights away or nothing of the sort.. Actually he supports women in every aspect other than he's against late term murder of babies ... Which a lot of women are against also..

Nevermind

Drama queens :lol2:

(Just kidding)

:popcorn:

I can't speak to her speech because I haven't watched it. She's a UK fan so....

I think that there are many facets of feminism and what men (and many women) fail to understand is that feminism is empowerment. It is the empowerment to choose to be a stay at home mom, or pursue a career. It is supporting both our diversity and shared issues. It especially infuriates me women don't stand up for each other and tear each other down. There are liberal feminists and conservative femaniats, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, Catholic, Protestant, Jewish and Muslim and no religion. Feminism isn't a party platform. It is an empowered movement.

I appreciate that but it has nothing to do with my question. As a strong woman that I respect, I would particularly be interested in your answer to the question after you have watched Ms. Judd's speech, if you decide to watch it.

I obviously don't understand feminism because I am unqualified, so my question was legitimate. I am trying to understand this... does that tirade represent the average woman?

Ironic that you misuse the word your to point out another person's lack of intelligence....

The very definition of irony

Well let me fix that.

Ashley your not smart at all and you showing your ignorance on saying that about a dad and his daughter just proves the word I ironically used is what you truly are.

Go back to your Hollywood deplorables a hero.

P.S. your a sad person.

I appreciate that but it has nothing to do with my question. As a strong woman that I respect, I would particularly be interested in your answer to the question after you have watched Ms. Judd's speech, if you decide to watch it.

I obviously don't understand feminism because I am unqualified, so my question was legitimate. I am trying to understand this... does that tirade represent the average woman?

I didn't mean to rile you. I was trying to define feminism, and also pontificate on what it should be, and share my frustration that women divide themselves when they should be uniting.

I guess I'll watch the speech. I really didn't want to though, so you will owe me!