Black & Decker to Open New Factory in the USA

Easy to do when you dont add in the jobs lost when he took office.

:lol2: :lol2:

11,250,000 jobs added to non farm payrolls is 11,250,000 jobs added to non farm payrolls. You can do all the funny math you want. It will still equal out to 11,250,000 people getting a check that werent getting checks before he took office. Now start your Trump count from that beginning January 20. And do the proper addition and subtraction for these job victories Trump is claiming without him mentioning the jobs that are still lost.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like all the "shovel ready" jobs that he finally admitted never existed?

I don't know what Obama has or hasn't said about existing jobs, but I know that the commercial and industrial construction markets in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana have been absolutely flooded with funded work for about a year and a half now. Folks are turning down opportunities to bid on work because they can't come up with enough folks to "operate shovels" in order complete all the work being literally dropped in their laps. My company is hiring just about any swinging hammer who can pass a drug screen. Has been for well over a year.

There are also infrastructure projects - FUNDED infrastructure projects - out the yingyang that are waiting on bid release just because they know the market is already flooded with work. As it stands, projects are only being bid on by one and two contractors because everyone has their project ledgers filled beyond capacity. To give you a little perspective, when George W. left office, I was bidding on most of my construction projects against 15 or more general contractors because everyone was out there desperately bidding on work in order to survive. I didn't vote for Obama either go-round, but in the course of his Presidential administration the construction market has gotten so fat there are only a couple-few folks bidding on each job, max.

I don't know what Obama has or hasn't said about existing jobs, but I know that the commercial and industrial construction markets in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana have been absolutely flooded with funded work for about a year and a half now. Folks are turning down opportunities to bid on work because they can't come up with enough folks to "operate shovels" in order complete all the work being literally dropped in their laps. My company is hiring just about any swinging hammer who can pass a drug screen. Has been for well over a year.

There are also infrastructure projects - FUNDED infrastructure projects - out the yingyang that are waiting on bid release just because they know the market is already flooded with work. As it stands, projects are only being bid on by one and two contractors because everyone has their project ledgers filled beyond capacity. To give you a little perspective, when George W. left office, I was bidding on most of my construction projects against 15 or more general contractors because everyone was out there desperately bidding on work in order to survive. I didn't vote for Obama either go-round, but in the course of his Presidential administration the construction market has gotten so fat there are only a couple-few folks bidding on each job, max.

#facts

How many of those contractors you were bidding against when Bush left office are still in business today? just curious.

So you say Obama is incorrect when he stated there were no shovel ready jobs?

https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/15/obama-lesson-shovel-ready-not-so-ready/?_r=0

So you say Obama is incorrect when he stated there were no shovel ready jobs?

https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/15/obama-lesson-shovel-ready-not-so-ready/?_r=0

No...clearly I did NOT say Obama is incorrect.

If you will kindly take the time to read what I posted rather than trying to lash out like a cornered dog, you will plainly see that THE FIRST TWELVE WORDS OF MY POST stated very clearly, "I don't know what Obama has or hasn't said about existing jobs".

No...clearly I did NOT say Obama is incorrect.

If you will kindly take the time to read what I posted rather than trying to lash out like a cornered dog, you will plainly see that THE FIRST TWELVE WORDS OF MY POST stated very clearly, "I don't know what Obama has or hasn't said about existing jobs".

Not lashing out. My statement was Obama said there were no shovel ready jobs.

What you posted about was your experience. Good for you and your company. Everyone across America was not as fortunate as you.

Cornered dog? You take yourself entirely too seriously. :lol2:

Not lashing out. My statement was Obama said there were no shovel ready jobs.

What you posted about was your experience. Good for you and your company. Everyone across America was not as fortunate as you.

Cornered dog? You take yourself entirely too seriously. :lol2:

Your statement put words in my mouth. I don't take kindly to having my own words changed or misrepresented. Some folks take that more seriously than others. I'm one of them.

Your statement put words in my mouth. I don't take kindly to having my own words changed or misrepresented. Some folks take that more seriously than others. I'm one of them.

I put no words in your mouth.

If you would bother to read my post, it was a question.

Who is the one lashing out?

What I posted was about my experience. However, I also make it my business to keep myself aware of the construction market across the United States as a whole. My work has been primarily focused in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, but I have also successfully bid and managed work in Missouri, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Puerto Rico and Guam in the time that President Obama has been in office. The construction market grew exponentially during the Obama administration, and as most economists and business analysts will tell you, the construction market is a litmus test for the US business market at large. Construction is the first industry to go into hibernation when the economy tanks, and the first to come surging back when the economy improves.