Moeller (OH) 60 Covington Catholic 51

How is it that you have a 7 footer who plays 24 minutes and gets 5 rebounds. As Sir Charles has been known to tell you "if you're 7 ft tall you should get double digit rebounds every night on accident".

The player he was guarding was often around the perimeter which drew him away from the basket.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many unforced turnovers for CCH tonight.

Hopefully Aiden will be back on the court with his teammates soon.

Aiden will help, but Lenihan did and excellent job filling in. Played 32 minutes with no turnovers. CVH and Freddrick turned the ball over a combined 10 times. That's very uncharacteristic of those two. You can't have your best two players turning the ball over that much against really good teams and expect to win a tight one. It was good to see AJ have a solid game. 17 boards is huge.

All in all this game will help CCH continue to get better and prepare them for post season.

Would have liked to have seen the big fella for CC roll more to basket after setting the hi screens.. Moeller may have been doing a good job taking that away or possibly by design but noticed after setting the hi screen the big would flash out or stay put more than roll towards basket..

Edited by PSJ
sp

Having made the drive to watch my first Colonels bball game of the season, I'd agree with a few of the comments on here. First, I thought Lenihan played a good game starting in place of Aiden. He certainly wasn't the problem. Secondly, Moeller is very good defensively so you have to give them a lot of credit. I'd also agree that when your top two players turn the ball over as many times as they did, you really don't have much of a chance. The last 2-3 minutes of the first half were brutal in that regard.

I thought AJ Mayer was the best player on the floor for CCH last night. He was a rebounding machine. I also thought Walter looked good and will only get better. I'd have liked seeing a few more drives and dishes to him but Moeller made that difficult. Two good teams.

I should add that in the JV game Moeller had no answer for Michael Mayer when he caught the ball on the wing and put it on the floor. Just too strong. Finished well.

Any word if M Mayer will dress varsity this year?

Sounds like JV game was a good one. Who are the 2-3 leading players for JV so far?

Any word if M Mayer will dress varsity this year?

Sounds like JV game was a good one. Who are the 2-3 leading players for JV so far?

Has M Mayer played a minute of freshman ball so far?

Kid is going to be great - as loaded as the varsity is I can see him adding value. He is physically ready, great motor, and could be a solid scoring option.

Has M Mayer played a minute of freshman ball so far?

Kid is going to be great - as loaded as the varsity is I can see him adding value. He is physically ready, great motor, and could be a solid scoring option.

He is not on Frosh roster. Will not play that level. I agree he could play varsity. Has both the ability & the body.

If I remember correctly, Bo Schuh was worked in by February; CVH a little earlier.

He is not on Frosh roster. Will not play that level. I agree he could play varsity. Has both the ability & the body.

If I remember correctly, Bo Schuh was worked in by February; CVH a little earlier.

No frosh ball for Mayer.

CVH only played varsity since arriving at CCH.

The next time I'll tell them I'm a Moeller fan for the better seats. They ask me if I was for CCH or Moeller at the door, when I said CCH, they said reserve seating for CCH was sold out and I had to go to the balcony. There was 15-20% empty seats in the lower bowl. The balcony required me to look through plexiglass, it was like being at a Hockey game.