Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Beechwood back?

Is Beechwood back? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Beechwood back?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

With a lot of returning talent and talent in the lower grades I am voting yes.

 

What say you?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talking "back" 1990's style? Or do we just mean that we're just going to see more than 1 state championship in the next 5 years?

"Back" or not facing mayfield? There was a time in Beechwoods history where they were spanking CovCath, and not CovCath teams that were slouches.

With a lot of returning talent and talent in the lower grades I am voting yes.

 

What say you?

 

I said after the last classification that in the next 4 years in 1A .......4 titles was possible, 3 could be expected, 2 would be sufficient and 1 would be less than expected and 0 would be a disaster.

 

After that it is tougher if the move to 2A comes.

As we all know, the biggest obstacle for Beechwood moved to 2a couple years ago.

Are we talking "back" 1990's style? Or do we just mean that we're just going to see more than 1 state championship in the next 5 years?

 

That is my question. They definitely have the talent coming up to win multiple state titles the next few years, but how far back are we looking?

"Back" or not facing mayfield? There was a time in Beechwoods history where they were spanking CovCath, and not CovCath teams that were slouches.

 

I don't recall them ever spanking one of CCH's better teams. 91' I guess could qualify but those other teams that were multiple touchdown wins were not good CCH teams.

I think so, but not to the point that they were during the nineties.

Well yes is my vote, after all MF is in 2A

Didn't take long for Mayfield weigh in. Can't help themselves. The Tigers had a great well deserved win tonight. Loving every moment. Will it continue? Will the Tigers move to 2A? If so, will MF still be an obstacle? Who knows? Don't care tonight!

Sure, as long as nobody wears an all red helmet....

Not trying to be smart, but, Mayfield moving to 2a definitely helps. If not for them, they probably would have had at least 2 or 3 more championships in the past 7-8 years.. In saying that, I'm not sure they really ever left, just had a tougher road to hoe.. They aren't the dominant team of the 90s any more, but, they're good enough that they'll be competing for 1a titles on an annual basis, but, imo, teams like Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard, etc, will have years where they can and will knock them off, like last year, whereas, that would have never happened with those 90s teams.

The Wood has never left in my opinion, They had a stretch when they could not get passed Mayfield in several Final 4 match ups; however, since Mayfield moved to 2A, The Wood has gone 500 in the title game.......

Short answer, they're a contender now that Mayfield moved up. It's not a slight, it's the same for every team in 1A.

I don't recall them ever spanking one of CCH's better teams. 91' I guess could qualify but those other teams that were multiple touchdown wins were not good CCH teams.

 

I thought the score was a little lopsided in 1994, but I might be wrong. I tried finding the score but couldn't locate it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.