theguru

Is Beechwood back?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is Beechwood back?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a lot of returning talent and talent in the lower grades I am voting yes.

What say you?

I said after the last classification that in the next 4 years in 1A .......4 titles was possible, 3 could be expected, 2 would be sufficient and 1 would be less than expected and 0 would be a disaster.

After that it is tougher if the move to 2A comes.

Are we talking "back" 1990's style? Or do we just mean that we're just going to see more than 1 state championship in the next 5 years?

That is my question. They definitely have the talent coming up to win multiple state titles the next few years, but how far back are we looking?

"Back" or not facing mayfield? There was a time in Beechwoods history where they were spanking CovCath, and not CovCath teams that were slouches.

I don't recall them ever spanking one of CCH's better teams. 91' I guess could qualify but those other teams that were multiple touchdown wins were not good CCH teams.

Not trying to be smart, but, Mayfield moving to 2a definitely helps. If not for them, they probably would have had at least 2 or 3 more championships in the past 7-8 years.. In saying that, I'm not sure they really ever left, just had a tougher road to hoe.. They aren't the dominant team of the 90s any more, but, they're good enough that they'll be competing for 1a titles on an annual basis, but, imo, teams like Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard, etc, will have years where they can and will knock them off, like last year, whereas, that would have never happened with those 90s teams.