Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elder 21 Highlands 18

Featured Replies

Great game HHS, bring home #17

  • Replies 192
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Highlands has to be heads above everyone else in Class 3A. The Birds look poised to get #17 this year.

I'm sure Leatherneck and Henry521 will be finished breaking down the game film(and , no, that's not a euphemism) and will be filing a report any minute.

 

BTW, LN. I forgot to mention this after the Dixie game. I had been told by my HHS sources that you were in the "married up" club. After seeing the lovely Henry521 at the Dixie game, I think we need to come up with a more apt term to better describe just how far up the ladder you went.

I'm sure Leatherneck and Henry521 will be finished breaking down the game film(and , no, that's not a euphemism) and will be filing a report any minute.

 

BTW, LN. I forgot to mention this after the Dixie game. I had been told by my HHS sources that you were in the "married up" club. After seeing the lovely Henry521 at the Dixie game, I think we need to come up with a more apt term to better describe just how far up the ladder you went.

 

 

Went to the game and reviewed a tape of the game. Still feeling the disappointment of the loss, so I'll save my analysis of the game for later as well as my response to your married up comment (other than to acknowledge that your comment is extremely accurate). But for now, I only have two words....................

 

 

 

Extremely proud.

 

 

I am extremely proud of the job done and the effort made by my son and every player on Highlands team. Thank you son and thank you to every player on Highlands team for the effort you made last night. I am extremely proud.

Went to the game and reviewed a tape of the game. Still feeling the disappointment of the loss, so I'll save my analysis of the game for later as well as my response to your married up comment (other than to acknowledge that your comment is extremely accurate). But for now, I only have two words....................

 

 

 

Extremely proud.

 

 

I am extremely proud of the job done and the effort made by my son and every player on Highlands team. Thank you son and thank you to every player on Highlands team for the effort you made last night. I am extremely proud.

 

 

LN..your boy was on it all night.. you should be proud. All HHS football parents should be proud because every kid out there busted their butt all night until the final whistle. Nobody hung their head.

 

83Bird..I agree the pass routes were very similar but I did like the way Stein ran his routes and was open many times in the middle. Cecil seemed to find himas a release a lot. Simons needs to run a few routes purely due to his athleticism. Two deep on punts is a good idea.. its not like they were bringing the house and trying for a block....which I thought they should have when they had Elder pinned back deep.

 

Josh Conner probbly could have helped on some short yardage situations but it would have been nice to see how Keoster would have done in that scenario.

 

The defense was laying some licks all night.. Ball nailed #1 on a cut back...Ashton was in on a lot of helmet to helmet hits....Bathiany was flying up and taking on big Pat Williams...he has some major guts. Hurtt played very well making some key stops...he moves very well for his size. Fitgerald the MLB although he looks undersized was tough as nails. Great job guys...lick the wounds and start preparing for your State Championship run.

A question for the Highlands faithful... When did Highlands beat one of the Cincy schools last? Which school was it? I have an abnoxious friend from Ohio.

The Purple Nation can be extremely smug, but wouldn't be fun, just for the sake of rubbing a Purple face in the mud, to merger the best from Ft. Thomas with the best from Park Hills? 500 boys from CovCath, with some 450 boys from HHS (they would still be smaller than Elder or X).... Does anyone in Ohio or that matter Kentucky beat this team? It would be fun to see......at least once....

The Purple Nation can be extremely smug, but wouldn't be fun, just for the sake of rubbing a Purple face in the mud, to merger the best from Ft. Thomas with the best from Park Hills? 500 boys from CovCath, with some 450 some boys from HHS (they would still be smaller than Elder or X).... Does anyone in Ohio or that matter Kentucky beat this team? It would be fun to see......at least once....

 

 

You are correct Oldguy...they basically recruit from a boatload of parochial schools in Cincinnati and I just didnt see the talent out there last night from that perspective. Without their punter Highlands wins.

 

That would be one heckuva team....I think if you took CovCath and New Cath and put them together they would compete with the GCL schools. so when the blowhards start running their yaps... I would simply remind them that they are supposed to have good teams.

 

One final comment.... I was in line at the portable restroom and heard an Elder fan point out a couple kids who were on their Frosh team and when I looked over... they looked like men. ONe was 6'2 bout 220 and the other 6'4 250...I had heard this is the class for them and when I saw those two guys I was thinking WOW !! With HHS success at the Frosh level.. they may want to go play some bigger schools across the river and downstate.... smearing teams up here will get old.

Saying Elder is the doormat of the GCL is like saying Trinity, St. X or Male is the doormat of the Louisville's Big 3. You are still dealing with one of the top football teams in Ohio year in and year out. Congratulations to both CovCath and Highlands, I applaud you for taking on the Cincinnati schools. Once again, you have proven that you are competitive with any school no matter what size or state.

Sustained Drives: HHS - 2 (10 pts.); Elder - 1 (7 pts.)

* - notice that both of HHS' drives were the 1st of the half?

* - Elder drove when they went 2 TEs rather than 5 wide; not sure why they didn't stay with that more

 

TOs: HHS - 3 (-14 pts.); Elder - 1 (0 pts.)

* - Elder's TO was immediately given back by HHS, so that's a wash

* - 1st TO was on JK for not screaming to his WR to get away from the ball; 2d was on JK for trying to do too much; he had already let one go that was downed inside 10 yd. line and didn't want to do it again; was not in good position to field the punt, but wanted to make a big play for the team; still a great player, just 2 critical errors in judgment

 

Better Team Won: You can't take only the good (OL play, Defense, etc.) and claim you're the better team. Your mistakes have to count against you (forced or not) in that analysis. HHS didn't deserve to win b/c they didn't execute in important areas of the game. Elder may not have impressed offensively outside of their 1 drive, but they made only 1 crucial error (fall on the ball already) which was cancelled out by a HHS crucial error on the next play.

 

Attendance: Slightly disappointing. Not sure of the total, but there were plenty of seats between the 20 and 40 on HHS' side. Student section was full and 40 - 50 looked pretty full. Didn't get a chance to see the Elder side, but looked pretty full. I have to believe no one was turned away. Weather certainly played a role.

 

Given that the goal is a state championship, this loss certainly moved HHS closer to that goal than either of the 1st 2 wins. I suspect St. X next week will be a stiffer test, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Go Birds.

I just want to say I am loving this Highlands team! I saw a team that fought the hard fight to the bitter end.:thumb: For all the hype on Elders D, we still racked up 287 yards to their 147 . Our Defense was on them all night. Hard hitting was the order and Highlands delivered. The question was answered Friday and YES Highlands can handle the power running game.:ylsuper:

 

GO BIRDS

Where is LN's analysis at???????? I look forward to seeing what he has to say....:confused:

I just want to say I am loving this Highlands team! I saw a team that fought the hard fight to the bitter end.:thumb: For all the hype on Elders D, we still racked up 287 yards to their 147 . Our Defense was on them all night. Hard hitting was the order and Highlands delivered. The question was answered Friday and YES Highlands can handle the power running game.:ylsuper:

 

GO BIRDS

Although I'm still deaf in my right ear, :cool: Henry was the picture of positivity last night! The only things on her mind were how well we played and how good our prospects are for another state championship.
Although I'm still deaf in my right ear, :cool: Henry was the picture of positivity last night! The only things on her mind was how well we played and how good our prospects are for another state championship.

 

Sorry about your hearing. I"ll stand on your left side next time so your hearing, or lack thereof, will be even.:D

Sorry about your hearing. I"ll stand on your left side next time so your hearing, or lack thereof, will be even.:D
Thanks. If any of the boats at Tallstacks breaks their whistle....;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.