Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elder 21 Highlands 18

Featured Replies

There is no comp. Just Highlands losing to another Cincy school. The punter being the player of the game thats just (dee dee dee) i.e. a punter handling the game Bitter>!?!?!?!

  • Replies 192
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no comp. Just Highlands losing to another Cincy school. The punter being the player of the game thats just (dee dee dee) i.e. a punter handling the game Bitter>!?!?!?!

Were you at the game????? I'm assuming you weren't or you would agree... The punter by far was Elder's mvp.....:rolleyes:

There is no comp. Just Highlands losing to another Cincy school. The punter being the player of the game thats just (dee dee dee) i.e. a punter handling the game Bitter>!?!?!?!

You're obviously not a Highlands fan or you would not be blurting such ridiculous comments. Do you have an allegiance to a team? Or are you just a Highlands hater? Whatever it may be, the fact remains that Highlands is and will be the #1 program in NKY.

Sounds like this was a good heart fought battle. A shame someone had to lose. Congratulations to Elder, and good luck to both teams for the remainder of the season.

You're obviously not a Highlands fan or you would not be blurting such ridiculous comments. Do you have an allegiance to a team? Or are you just a Highlands hater? Whatever it may be, the fact remains that Highlands is and will be the #1 program in NKY.

 

True Crunch..so true... Dale could schedule every NKY team on the schedule and I think we run the table....but then would that prepare the Birds for the likes of LexCath/Bowling Green, etc...?

True Crunch..so true... Dale could schedule every NKY team on the schedule and I think we run the table....but then would that prepare the Birds for the likes of LexCath/Bowling Green, etc...?

No thats why the Birds play the big boys. 17 and the last NKY 3A title are the plan this year.

If Highlands can get by X, they should be prepared for the so called big boys, because X beat Lex Cath 47-0.

There is no comp. Just Highlands losing to another Cincy school. The punter being the player of the game thats just (dee dee dee) i.e. a punter handling the game Bitter>!?!?!?!

 

Yappi's missing guys like you...:cool:

While the loss was disappointing, we played a good, no make that very good ball game. All in all, I thought our defense was outstanding. The Birds have long had the rap of not being able to stop power running attacks. Friday night showed that such is not the case with the Birds this year. Every one on D played the run very well. I doubt Willams had more than 75 yards rushing, and he's load. We dominated the line of scrimmage. Pass defense also good. On one play we over committed to stop the run and allowed a receiver to get behind us. I doubt that will happen again this year. If so, we learned a lot from Elder. Elder had only on decent drive against us all game. They did pass the ball pretty well that series, but that was the only series they did so. And Elder came into the game as a team that had a very good passing attack.

 

On O, we also looked very good. Elder's D line was expected to dominate our O line. While no. 90 made some good plays, I thought we ran the ball extremely well. We may end up being one of only a couple of teams that has two 100 yard rushers against Elder this entire season. I was particularly impressed how well we ran the ball between the tackles. With Conner back next week, I expect our running game to get even better. Good coaching to spread the Elder D out and attack the middle. Elder certainly was expecting us to concentrate more on getting outside and we exploited that expectation.

 

As to the passing game, and to respond to a question posed by a critic earlier as to how we knew that our strength on O was not passing, rather running the ball, we have inexperienced players at qb and at the receiver positions. And we have a very experienced and good running back and very good run blockers on the line. Nonetheless, I think we are getting better at passing the ball. On a couple of occasions, we had screens set up beautifully but didn't complete the screen pass. Clay just needs to learn (and I'm sure he will) that you don't zip the ball when you are making 5 yard screen passes. I thought his running was superb. Someone questioned Kramer's ability to run the ball 30 times against a D as physical as Elders. I didn't recheck the stats, but my recollection was that he only ran the ball 21 times. He certainly had the strength and endurance to run 21 times and at no time did he look winded or tired. Any overuse of Kramer did not occur and was not a factor.

 

We played well enough to win I thought. We didn't. The leaders of the team just need to make sure the team quickly refocuses onto a very, very good X team. Is X better than Elder? Who knows at this point, but we'll find out on Saturday. I really like this Highlands team and believe they have what it takes to beat X and state this year. Nothing that I saw in the Elder game gives me any reason to question that belief.

I was particularly impressed how well we ran the ball between the tackles.

 

Absolutely dominating performance by the big uglies. I can't remember the last time HHS has had an O line this good. Maybe the Schlarman/Reynolds/Berringer(sp?) days...

DMZ..I will agree to a certain extent. One of the fastest people in the state allowed a 5 yrd cushion on a receiver and I was wondering why as well but overall I think they did a decent job. There were a couple of tipped balls, Hurtt almost took one to the house on a nice read, #84 broke up a play on a poorly thrown ball down the sideline late in the game...they will have to step up their pass Defense when Cov Cath comes to town though.

 

LN..on the RB issue... I don't think you can run Kramer 30 times vs. the Elders and St. X's..sorry he is just not that durable when you are playing teams with their strength. They ran him very well in the 1st half and like Sticky said.. he didnt touch it for a long time in the 2nd half and many of us were wondering why. Cecil IMO ran too much.not sure if it was designed that way or he was taking what they were giving him. I think this is just his nature.. he is a tough, athletic kid who wants to perform......he did a heckuva job on that long run late in the game to get a 1st down was just pure speed but they cannot depend on Cecil and kramer soley the rest of the year. I am also sure it was due to the fact that Josh Connor was not dressed... so I am sure if you get Connor back in there with Kramer things will be back to normal and Cecil can get a lighter load of carries.

 

 

Why wasnt Connor playing that game???

Why wasnt Connor playing that game???

 

 

Disciplinary reasons is about all I will say. You can make your own assumptions.

Disciplinary reasons is about all I will say. You can make your own assumptions.
Good choice. Let's keep the discussion on the game. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.