Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elder 21 Highlands 18

Featured Replies

I got to see Koester in a scrimmage and he looked pretty solid. How much does he get used?

  • Replies 192
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What wasa Kramer's stats last night???
I think he had like 101 yards or more rushing.
I got to see Koester in a scrimmage and he looked pretty solid. How much does he get used?
Good question, I can say not near enough.

WHAT A GAME!! This is what FB in HS is about! Just wished the Birds knew how to play pass defense. I don't remember one time that a Bird DB broke up a pass play. They seem to be content to follow and tackle.

WHAT A GAME!! This is what FB in HS is about! Just wished the Birds knew how to play pass defense. I don't remember one time that a Bird DB broke up a pass play. They seem to be content to follow and tackle.

 

 

DMZ..I will agree to a certain extent. One of the fastest people in the state allowed a 5 yrd cushion on a receiver and I was wondering why as well but overall I think they did a decent job. There were a couple of tipped balls, Hurtt almost took one to the house on a nice read, #84 broke up a play on a poorly thrown ball down the sideline late in the game...they will have to step up their pass Defense when Cov Cath comes to town though.

 

LN..on the RB issue... I don't think you can run Kramer 30 times vs. the Elders and St. X's..sorry he is just not that durable when you are playing teams with their strength. They ran him very well in the 1st half and like Sticky said.. he didnt touch it for a long time in the 2nd half and many of us were wondering why. Cecil IMO ran too much.not sure if it was designed that way or he was taking what they were giving him. I think this is just his nature.. he is a tough, athletic kid who wants to perform......he did a heckuva job on that long run late in the game to get a 1st down was just pure speed but they cannot depend on Cecil and kramer soley the rest of the year. I am also sure it was due to the fact that Josh Connor was not dressed... so I am sure if you get Connor back in there with Kramer things will be back to normal and Cecil can get a lighter load of carries.

I'm sorry but all this talk about getting other rb's touches or that Kramer is being ran too much is just silly. Kramer is our best rb, period. If you're the coach, who do you give the ball to? Your best running back of course. He wasn't tired or winded, so why take him out of the game or put someone else in his place? Plus, keeping Hurtt and Ball fresh to play defense makes just a little common sense. Stine had several catches during the game. Draper had a catch. Mueller felt he could effectively run the ball against Elder. Based on the fact the had two runners get over 100 yards would indicate he was right. If you can run the ball, why pass? Passing is not our strength. Running the ball is. In a big game, you go with what you do best. Mueller did. We didn't lose this game because our inability to move the ball.

 

Quite frankly, I could not care less if we ever beat Elder, Colerain, St. X, Desales...etc. While the initial goal of an HHS team is to go 15-0, the ultimate goal is a state championship. I know Dale plays every game to win but if he was testing Elder to see what may or may not work against CCH, I'm cool with that. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

 

For the record, Dale is a LOT smarter than most people on here. Yes, even you GT...

 

"Win for Quinn" #17...

Apparently he is not smart enouh to beat Elder. This being a down year for them (Elder) Highlands should have beat them. And not caring about beating the likes of Colerain and GCL opponents is ridiculous. I dont understand being content with constantly being beat by the same teams year in year out.

Apparently he is not smart enouh to beat Elder. This being a down year for them (Elder) Highlands should have beat them. And not caring about beating the likes of Colerain and GCL opponents is ridiculous. I dont understand being content with constantly being beat by the same teams year in year out.

 

How many more state titles do you have than him? How many more does the entire GCL added up have than him? The kids didn't make the plays. Some were bad luck, others were just unfortunate. Anyone that's using Dale as an excuse is either in denial or clueless...take your pick.

How many times has he beat the GCL?? To be the best, you have to beat the best.

How many more state titles do you have than him? How many more does the entire GCL added up have than him? The kids didn't make the plays. Some were bad luck, others were just unfortunate. Anyone that's using Dale as an excuse is either in denial or clueless...take your pick.

 

Quoted For Truth, Bulldogtech you continue to make irrational comments with no credit. Dale is by far and will be one of the better HS coaches in Kentucky. And how many rings does he have since being with highlands, 5? Your talking about competion between schools that are doubled in size of boys than HHS. It's amazing that HHS is able to give the big schools of Cincy a good game year in and year out. As far as KY goes, Dale has proven that he is one of "the best".

HHS lost the game as a result of Elder capitalizing from HHS mistakes and HHS not capitalizing off of the Elder mistake. Three plays made the difference in the game. The players and coaching staff performed well enough to win this game.

 

The offense is one dimensional. The play calling is predictable. The offensive line and defense may be good enough that it will not make a difference in 3A football.

How many times has he beat the GCL?? To be the best, you have to beat the best.

 

About the same amount of times the GCL has cost him a State Championship.

Who cares if the offense is predictable? If it's not broken, don't fix it. We outgained them on offense by about double their yards, and our offense outscored theirs (based on drives, not by luck of recovering a ball within the 5 twice) 18-7. Honestly, the punt that bounced off of Daley was just horrible luck for us and GREAT luck for them. The odds of that happening again are slim to none. Then also Kramer's fumbled punt return was a result of spreading him out too thin and trying to make him do too much. Kramer let a few balls go that he shouldn't have. When he tried to compensate for it, by catching the one he should have let go, he made a mistake. My main point is that their punt team really scored 2 TD's for them, not their offense...

Who cares if the offense is predictable? If it's not broken, don't fix it. We outgained them on offense by about double their yards, and our offense outscored theirs (based on drives, not by luck of recovering a ball within the 5 twice) 18-7. Honestly, the punt that bounced off of Daley was just horrible luck for us and GREAT luck for them. The odds of that happening again are slim to none. Then also Kramer's fumbled punt return was a result of spreading him out too thin and trying to make him do too much. Kramer let a few balls go that he shouldn't have. When he tried to compensate for it, by catching the one he should have let go, he made a mistake. My main point is that their punt team really scored 2 TD's for them, not their offense...

 

good points NKYFball...that guy cant punt it 500 times and hit dailey on a dead run like he did the other night....that was a fluke.

 

Punt team was good for Elder.. they covered very well.

 

Sticky....I liked your comment above....thats all that has to be said.

 

As far as everyone else..its okay to question but to blame one person for a defeat... that is ridiculous. They win as a team and lose as a team.

Elder's mvp was their punter....That kid killed the ball all night long..Simons needs to play wideout and be out on the field . He is the only wr they have that is any type of a weapon. I know Dale doesn't want to have kids play both ways but he needs to be out there...:ylsuper:

 

I as much as anyone would like to see more kids play both ways, however, in years past all I keep hearing was that the only way that we can compete with teams such as Elder and St. X is to not have so many play both ways. I think when Coach Ramsey made the comment that this was the best Highlands team that they have played, he did not come from the fact that we have the most talented individual players. Don't get me wrong we have some outstanding players, (ie: Jordan Kramer) but do we have the talented players such as Jared, Derrik, and Gino, I don't think so. I believe that this team is stronger as a group of 22 then any of those other teams, therefore that is why Coach Ramsey made his comment.

 

If some of these kids did play more both ways could it help our offense some, I think so. However, does it hurt our defense some, I think so. If by playing more kids both ways and we score one more touchdown per game and give up one more touchdown per game have we gained anything?

 

I believe towards the end of the year you will some more players going both ways sparingly. The idea of developing depth and keeping guys fresh for the entire year will go a long way in helping us achieve our ultimate goal of #17. If you have the talent you should use it. Now that we have the talent on this team and the JV and Freshman teams, I think the days of playing both ways are gone for at least awhile at HHS. This alone will allow us to better compete with the much bigger schools in the GCL.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.