Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elder 21 Highlands 18

Featured Replies

I have to say something about those guys on 1050. I know they are Elder guys, but they were very complimentary of the Birds and not "homer"-ish at all in the post-game that I listened to.

 

Could be but during the game they kept complaining about homer calls and the clock!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

  • Replies 192
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did hear them complaining about the clock. What was the issue?
I don't know. I just heard part of the post-game.
Predictable wasn't the word. It was almost comical over where we were standing, because someone of the six people almost every play called what was being ran. Yeah i know, were not the ones calling the shots and i'm sure i will get beat up about it. But you can't have your QB have a 40 plus yard gain and then come back the very next play and run the same thing. That might work against your Dixie's and Conner but not Elder. I don't know about you, but it would have been nice to have Josh Conner in the game to have the extra threat. Yeah i know Coach Sheilds use to always tell us. You made your bed, now you have to lie in it.
I hear ya my friend. He'll never change, kinda sad really, but you have to hand it to the kids. They played their hearts out from what I heard on the webcast, they should be proud of their effort.
I did hear them complaining about the clock. What was the issue?

 

3 separate times it didn't start when the play did.

My observations tonight from the 40 yrd line 20 rows up.

 

Highlands Offense line outplayed their DL and they had some horses.

 

Jordan Kramer's opening kickoff set the tone and he could have been used more.

 

Cecil played a whale of a game at QB and grew up a lot tonight... I thought they ran him like a dog though... better save him for Triple A opponents coach.

 

Turnovers hurt really bad tonight as we gave them 2 drives inside the 5 on a botched Punt return and fumble on punt return.

 

Elder's punter won the game for them.

 

Luke Stein made some great catches and YAC's...I think he ran over everyone that got in his way.

 

The Highlands missed field goal was pivotal like it or not.

 

Elder has no speed whatsoever and they will get worked in the GCL...sorry but theyre fans were walking out saying it will be a long year.

 

Tyler Owens had some great defensive plays....sack in 1st half and some key stops....just lost it in the end...emotion go the most of him. too bad, he's a good kid.

 

#90 for Elder will play Div 1 football somewhere and be very good.

 

Did I say that the Highlands offensive line performed EXCEllent ....

 

Cov Cath and Highlands should have beaten Elder.

 

Great job Birds.. you will work out the kinks and roll in Triple A this year...

#90 for Elder will play Div 1 football somewhere and be very good.

 

D.

 

This may be the kid going to Michigan State.

Does Highlands teach or practice the tipped ball drill anymore. There were 2 different plays tonight that Highlands players were heading the other way if they would have just got their head and eyes around on the ball. That was one thing that sticks out in my mind that Coach Walz taught us when I played. No wait it was If you can touch it, you can catch it!!!!!!!!

Jordan Kramer's opening kickoff set the tone and he could have been used more.

Are you kidding? The rest of the skill players could have been used SOME, poor Jordan was carriying the world on his shoulders tonight form what I listened to. They wore him out!

OH, a couple of other things.

 

play calling was predictable as mentioned above and the referees could not mark any balls for either team correctly.

 

I was surprised Koester didnt get many carries tonight and when you have the ball inside the 5....go foot to foot and power I and cram it down their throats 3 plays in a row.......I know old Charlie Coleman at Bellevue wouldve done it that way......

Defensively for Elder #'s 90, 22 and 2 are fun to watch. 22's everywhere.

 

HHS O-line was blowing Elder off the line and opening huge holes all night. The D played very well against a bruising back. It's been said many times. You can't turn the ball over and expect to win against good teams.

 

A great high school football game to watch...

Are you kidding? The rest of the skill players could have been used SOME, poor Jordan was carriying the world on his shoulders tonight form what I listened to. They wore him out!

 

He played a great game and carried the team!:thumb: :ylsuper:

Are you kidding? The rest of the skill players could have been used SOME, poor Jordan was carriying the world on his shoulders tonight form what I listened to. They wore him out!

 

He did have a great game.. what I meant was they should have run him a few times when Cecil ran his little predictable draw....sorry

 

he was getting dogged and still kept churning out yards.... great job JK..

 

He took some shots as well and kept on going... he is a tough kid...all of the Birds are tough kids and they really impressed me tonight with their ability to run the football and I thought Cecil being forced to throw in the 2nd half really grew up and I saw many HHS receivers getting behind the Elder DB's....man if Simons could have hauled in that bomb... that would have made the ESPN top 10.

Are you kidding? The rest of the skill players could have been used SOME, poor Jordan was carriying the world on his shoulders tonight form what I listened to. They wore him out!

 

I'm not sure he touched the ball the last quarter and a half. It went all Kramer, than all Cecil. They both run hard at all times...everyone for that matter. Those kids play hard.

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

He did have a great game.. what I meant was they should have run him a few times when Cecil ran his little predictable draw....sorry

 

he was getting dogged and still kept churning out yards.... great job JK..

I'm not sure he touched the ball the last quarter and a half. It went all Kramer, than all Cecil. They both run hard at all times...everyone for that matter. Those kids play hard.

 

They did but you need more than 2 players to stay competitive to the end against good teams.:irked:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.