Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elder 21 Highlands 18

Featured Replies

I think Kramer is carrying the load because mueller is trying to pump his numbers up for recruiters and such. There is no reason they should not use the other backs more and the receivers and tight end. That would have helped last night as Kramer was being pounded by men twice his size.

  • Replies 192
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

j/k Henry...you may know more about football than me...and definitely Birdsfan.
That's it! That's the last time, I test-drink your baby formula for freshness! :mad:

 

 

 

 

 

Please tell me that was formula, and not...

I think Kramer is carrying the load because mueller is trying to pump his numbers up for recruiters and such. There is no reason they should not use the other backs more and the receivers and tight end. That would have helped last night as Kramer was being pounded by men twice his size.

 

If that was the case Kramer would've touched the ball the last quarter and a half and at least in the last couple of series.

That's it! That's the last time, I test-drink your baby formula for freshness! :mad:

 

 

 

 

 

Please tell me that was formula, and not...

 

EWWWWWWWW!!!:creepy: :creepy:

I think Kramer is carrying the load because mueller is trying to pump his numbers up for recruiters and such. There is no reason they should not use the other backs more and the receivers and tight end. That would have helped last night as Kramer was being pounded by men twice his size.

Dont know what game you were watching. 21 carries is hardly carrying the load. TE was used quite effectively. Until a reciever steps up ( I think 44 may have last night) and proves they are a go to guy, its hard to go in that direction. I believe the QB had almost as many carries as Kramer. The only #s Coach Mueller is concerned with are the ones on the scoreboard. He wants to win as do all of the Birds.

Any reports of injuries from last night? I watched Ashton gimp off the field a little and Kramer looked like he got a slight stinger in the 4th period when he took a mean shot running the ball.

 

Let me just add....Jordan Kramer not only ran the ball well last night but he had some key blocks in the backfield to free up either a scramble or allow Cecil a couple of extra seconds to see his receivers and throw.

I'm sorry but all this talk about getting other rb's touches or that Kramer is being ran too much is just silly. Kramer is our best rb, period. If you're the coach, who do you give the ball to? Your best running back of course. He wasn't tired or winded, so why take him out of the game or put someone else in his place? Plus, keeping Hurtt and Ball fresh to play defense makes just a little common sense. Stine had several catches during the game. Draper had a catch. Mueller felt he could effectively run the ball against Elder. Based on the fact the had two runners get over 100 yards would indicate he was right. If you can run the ball, why pass? Passing is not our strength. Running the ball is. In a big game, you go with what you do best. Mueller did. We didn't lose this game because our inability to move the ball.

How would Highlands ever know if passing is there strength?

How would Highlands ever know if passing is there strength?

I am going to go out on a limb here. Ready? The coaches know their team's strengths and weaknesses. I'm not sure what you are trying to get at. HHS will primarily be a running team. They went with a running QB, have one of the best RBs in the state, and have one of the best O lines in the state. They are what they are. I don't really see what the problem is.

I'm sorry but all this talk about getting other rb's touches or that Kramer is being ran too much is just silly. Kramer is our best rb, period. If you're the coach, who do you give the ball to? Your best running back of course. He wasn't tired or winded, so why take him out of the game or put someone else in his place? Plus, keeping Hurtt and Ball fresh to play defense makes just a little common sense. Stine had several catches during the game. Draper had a catch. Mueller felt he could effectively run the ball against Elder. Based on the fact the had two runners get over 100 yards would indicate he was right. If you can run the ball, why pass? Passing is not our strength. Running the ball is. In a big game, you go with what you do best. Mueller did. We didn't lose this game because our inability to move the ball.
LN, I think what people are trying to say is that when you only give the ball to two people it becomes easier as the game goes on to key on those guys thus keeping you out of the end-zone. No doubt Kramer is the best back on the team, I don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

Question since I wasn't at the game. Did the Birds run out of a single back set last night the entire game?

LN, I think what people are trying to say is that when you only give the ball to two people it becomes easier as the game goes on to key on those guys thus keeping you out of the end-zone. No doubt Kramer is the best back on the team, I don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

Question since I wasn't at the game. Did the Birds run out of a single back set last night the entire game?

I was there, and yes they ran a single back set. The Birds problem in this game had nothing to do with the offensive game plan. Why all of a sudden the questioning of the Birds offense? I don,t get it. Are we trueblue Birds fans here or are we fairweather fans that as soon as there is a bump in the road we are questioning the coaches and the team. Come on HHS competed more than evenly with a storied GCL power. HHS dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They came back when a lot of teams would have folded up like a 10 cent accordian. I am very proud of my son and the whole team, and will be wholeheartedly for the duration of the season, win or lose.

I am going to go out on a limb here. Ready? The coaches know their team's strengths and weaknesses. I'm not sure what you are trying to get at. HHS will primarily be a running team. They went with a running QB, have one of the best RBs in the state, and have one of the best O lines in the state. They are what they are. I don't really see what the problem is.

They threw the heck out the ball against Male. Kramer is good, no doubt. But did you ever think that for some reason teams key on Kramer. Maybe cause he gets the ball as much as the quarterback. More weapons need to be used. They lost last night. Mueller apparently is mortal and makes bad decisions. Sorry Ft. Thomas people but it's true.

They threw the heck out the ball against Male. Kramer is good, no doubt. But did you ever think that for some reason teams key on Kramer. Maybe cause he gets the ball as much as the quarterback. More weapons need to be used. They lost last night. Mueller apparently is mortal and makes bad decisions. Sorry Ft. Thomas people but it's true.

Kramer had almost 5 yards per carry. Again the game plan and coaching was not the problem for the Birds last night. If Elder was keying on Kramer, they definetly did not stop him.

They threw the heck out the ball against Male. Kramer is good, no doubt. But did you ever think that for some reason teams key on Kramer. Maybe cause he gets the ball as much as the quarterback. More weapons need to be used. They lost last night. Mueller apparently is mortal and makes bad decisions. Sorry Ft. Thomas people but it's true.
:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.