Louisville Area WBKI "GAME ON 2016" Game of Week 1: Manual at Central

CoachJ

This Saturday night at 8:00pm on Louisville's CW affiliate -- cw logo.png-- will air the replay of the matchup Bert has tagged the Louisville area game of the week:

crimson-ram.png

The Manual Crimsons

vs.

The Central Yellowjackets Yellowjacket.png

Longtime pro Garry Gupton will handle the play-by-play while novice beginner CoachJ will be on board to add color commentary.

We are also very proud to team up with Bluegrasspreps.com to highlight during the broadcast the BGP Louisville Area Power Rankings (many thanks to BERT for all his behind-the-scenes work on the rankings and to The Guru for proposing the promotion).

I will add on a personal note, please Private Message me with any suggestions on how I can improve as I truly am a "novice beginner." My goal is to provide a fairly nuanced technical explanation of what teams are doing tactically while also trying to explain some of the more subtle parts of the game (rules, etc.) that may not be obvious to most fans.

I am still working to get an answer about whether this replay will be streaming online but I hope to have that in the next couple of days.

Got to speak to both Coach Scroggins at Central and Coach Carmony at Manual today at their practices. Both teams look primed for their first official contest coming off scrimmage tests in Central Ky (Central vs. Scott County and Manual vs. Tates Creek).

Both these teams are going to be senior-led, but the similarities likely will end there.

Central, as usual, despite playing a bigger-class opponent, fears no program and has big play potential on either side of the ball on any play--they have the rings to prove this approach works.

Manual will be the image of what made Coach Carmony successful at every other stop he's had: hard-nosed defense and a ball-control offense.

Most first round matchups between proven programs usually come down not to strategy or tactics as both teams will still be trying to figure out their true identity. Both coaches basically said the same thing as to what will decide this early-season battle: neither team will play mistake-free, but which will play the 'cleanest' game?

This is a really interesting matchup and I think it is right for both teams.

I do have an updated Logo for WBKI Louisville THE CW

Thanks to our Sponsor WBKI TV Louisville The CW. Get in the game with Game On WBKI Saturdays @ 8p.

Tv station: WBKI TV

Twitter: @ItsGame_On

attachment.php?attachmentid=57367&d=1471376973

Had our production meeting last night to talk through things and there are some interesting 'stories to be told' in this game that might make it worth watching Saturday night even if you know the outcome.

Central -- as always -- has no fear of playing an opponent from a higher classification. Ty Scroggins has always believed playing a tough schedule seasons his team for the toughest competition out in the state in their class. Will Manual present the challenge they have in recent years?

Randy Whetstone has a great feature on Central's strength -- its run game. But with Stephen Jones--1/2 of a great 2015 rushing duo--gone can Corey Johnson shoulder the load single-handedly?

...which sets up nicely against what Manual will hang their hat on -- its tough D Line (led by Sean Cleasant, Jr).

Both teams are Senior dominated. That usually means experience rules and mistakes are less-frequent...but since it's a first game of the year and Kentucky only allows one scrimmage for teams playing Week 0, will this game be played "clean" due to senior experience or be decided by the team that makes the fewest mistakes?

Shapes up to be quite a matchup...as most Central vs. 6A matchups are!