Fantasy Football - What's Your Strategy

FatNate

10-man. 1/2-point ppr. Full point value for the QB position. Kicker and defense score about 1/2 compared to most leagues. Bonus points for TD length. No roster limits.

My generic draft strategy is to be the last guy to draft a QB. Probably go middle of the pack on a TE, or even a little later. Plan to load up on RB and WR. Try to go consistent early with those picks and upside guys later.

Of course knowing how those in the league draft and plan is a big part of it. QB is popular early pick in my league, so getting two 'studs' at RB/WR is very possible.

Lastly, have to be flexible and willing to adjust. Love doing mock drafts to help prepare for anything.

I feel like RBs were always the most coveted assets. The last 2-3 years I think it's really started to shift more to pass catchers as the must haves. Unless you get one of the top 3-4 RBs, almost any starter in the league is going to put you up a pretty similar weekly score IMO.

Draft Strategy - pick the best players available that will give me the most points each week to secure a win and have a winning playoff eligible record at the end.

All kidding aside though, when I've got the fantasy football bug, I really get in to the draft preparation. Some years I go way overboard and some I just wing it. Not too long ago, I was researching lineman contracts in addition to compiling a master spreadsheet that included 4-5 website's player rankings, contract years, coming off injury, stat cycles. You know the really nerdy way to play. Ask @statman (hahahah, just kidding)

UKMF is right though, there has been a shift to the wideout positions being more valuable (in most cases) than running backs. But that's consistent with the change in the NFL as well.

I try to get a Solid #1 RB and WR in the first two rounds. Years ago, I would go RB with my first 4 picks and get leftovers at wideout. Can't do that now.

QB, if not elite(Top 3), wait until round 5-7

As we start the first rounds of our draft, you want us to tell you our strat. That's funny.

I don't know much about the league's on here. I see the chatter, but don't know the details. I also noticed a keeper league or two. What kind of cash is everyone putting up on the Bluegrass Prep leagues?

I don't know much about the league's on here. I see the chatter, but don't know the details. I also noticed a keeper league or two. What kind of cash is everyone putting up on the Bluegrass Prep leagues?

The big one that Godot runs, and also the best league ever, is free and for bragging rights only.

I agree the league is all about passing now. Makes me want a couple big time WR. But, I still think there are enough good QB to make a solid fantasy team. I have been known to wait until round 10 and draft three in a row.

Luck plays a big factor. But, getting consistent play out of your top picks. Then, finding an over performer in the 4th-5th rounds really makes the best teams.

I'd agrue that playing the waiver wire and/or making a key trade at just the right time, is equally important as your high draft picks panning out.

Enlightening stuff, as usual.

Hell, he was overly vague about it. Here's mine.

Win, convincingly, and instill fear along the way. And use your best gamesmanship to throw others off. That's why I love messing with Milkboy. Someday I'll get a RocketRant out of him. :D