Isaiah Crowell Posts Instagram Photo Showing Police Officer's Throat Getting Slit

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Crowell attended the funeral of Patrick Zamarripa, one of the five officers killed in Dallas earlier this month. Sergeant Demetrick Pennie, the president of the Dallas Fallen Officers Foundation, spent eight hours with Crowell on Saturday.

“I am confident that the policing community now has a supporter in Mr. Crowell,” Pennie wrote on Facebook. “Personally, I would like to commend Isaiah Crowell for the courage of principled accountability.”

Isaiah Crowell attends funeral of slain Dallas police officer | ProFootballTalk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Crowell attended the funeral of Patrick Zamarripa, one of the five officers killed in Dallas earlier this month. Sergeant Demetrick Pennie, the president of the Dallas Fallen Officers Foundation, spent eight hours with Crowell on Saturday.

“I am confident that the policing community now has a supporter in Mr. Crowell,” Pennie wrote on Facebook. “Personally, I would like to commend Isaiah Crowell for the courage of principled accountability.”

Isaiah Crowell attends funeral of slain Dallas police officer | ProFootballTalk

I read that article too and was impressed with the step that Crowell took. It would be very difficult for him to go to a funeral for one of the LEO's who were murdered by that terrorist cop-killer in Dallas. Whatever the motivations are for his latest action (i.e. to stop being vilified in Cleveland and keep his job) this was no image over substance move. He was contacted by the head of the Fallen Officers Foundation in Dallas and invited to spend time with him and to go to the funeral. He had to know that meeting would be very confrontational and that he would not get a pass.

This is the type of move that I see as indicating remorse and a desire to reconcile with those he hurt. This is a positive step for Crowell. It may lead to him coming to understand how wrong it was to post what he posted. And it may be a step towards change for him.

Something else he could do to show that he is remorseful is to go to the Cleveland PD and spend an afternoon apologizing to as many officers as are willing to meet with him. Let him look them in the eye and tell them person-to-person he is sorry for posting such a despicable portrayal. This will demonstrate that he understands that this is personal and effected real people who put their life on the line every day.

I read that article too and was impressed with the step that Crowell took. It would be very difficult for him to go to a funeral for one of the LEO's who were murdered by that terrorist cop-killer in Dallas. Whatever the motivations are for his latest action (i.e. to stop being vilified in Cleveland and keep his job) this was no image over substance move. He was contacted by the head of the Fallen Officers Foundation in Dallas and invited to spend time with him and to go to the funeral. He had to know that meeting would be very confrontational and that he would not get a pass.

This is the type of move that I see as indicating remorse and a desire to reconcile with those he hurt. This is a positive step for Crowell. It may lead to him coming to understand how wrong it was to post what he posted. And it may be a step towards change for him.

Something else he could do to show that he is remorseful is to go to the Cleveland PD and spend an afternoon apologizing to as many officers as are willing to meet with him. Let him look them in the eye and tell them person-to-person he is sorry for posting such a despicable portrayal. This will demonstrate that he understands that this is personal and effected real people who put their life on the line every day.

I agree with you, big positive step, hopefully there will be a couple of more.

• 2 months later...

It is real. It's what he said he would do back when he first was called out and began to apologize. This actually is the easy part. The hard part was going to the funeral in Dallas and meeting with the head of the Fallen Officers Foundation.

I would like to see him continue to show support for fallen officers, their families, and those currently serving in Law Enforcement long after this incident. That also is the hard part--actually changing and acting differently than before and in a consistent manner. Everything I've seen from Crowell (admittedly little and from a distance) since his transgression has been very positive and seems consistent with one who regrets an action and seeks forgiveness and change in himself.