Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is your favorite kind of pie and/or cake?

Featured Replies

Delicious.

 

It may be good, but no way it's the best pie.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mother's apple pie. Since she's passed my sister has tried, and I don't have the heart to tell her it ain't that.

Chocolate cake...German chocolate to be more accurate, like a soft, spongy cake body with rich, thick icing.

 

Pie...man, between pie and cake, pies take the cake (pun intended). Not sure I can narrow it down to one, but chocolate meringue, coconut meringue, and buttermilk all come to mind, depends what I am in the mood for. And they HAVE to be homemade (this includes mom/pop places that make theirs homemade), none of this store bought or chain restaurant stuff. With that said, Frish's does make a solid pumpkin pie for a chain place.

Pecan Pie

 

Mrs. S's Peach Dump Cake

Pie - My favorite? The kind they put on a plate, a napkin, in a bowl, in your hand or anywhere else. Pie absolutely rocks. Except that mincemeat stuff. Ewww.

 

Cake - Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Icing.

Apple pie.

 

Strawberry cake with vanilla icing.

 

McDonald's or homemade?

My Mom's chocolate pie...homemade crust on all her pies is top shelf.

 

She made me one about a month ago, and ate the entire pie, then had to confess to her that I ate the whole thing....on the outside she wasn't happy, but I'm her favorite baby boy so I think inside she had to know that's what was going to happen.

Does cobbler fit in this category? Warm cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream.

Pie:

1. Pecan Pie

2. Derby Pie

 

Cake:

1. Texas Sheet Cake

2. Nothing comes close to #1

 

A pie that has not been mentioned but is my uncle's favorite is Elderberry Pie.

 

My Dad liked Angel Food cake, which has been mentioned, but he liked it with gravy. Don't ask me how that combination came about but probably had to do with living on a farm and not wasting anything.

Cherry Pie

 

Lemon Cake

Frisch's pumpkin and Coconut pie.

 

Jam Cake.

Cheesecake without a question. I don't eat many sweets, I only like one type of pie, but I'll leave that out of this one. But I love cheesecake and one of the best I have ever found is actually from Fazoli's. They don't make it, I believe it comes from a company out of Jersey or New York, but it's excellent. That was my bday cake yesterday and pretty much every year.

 

EDIT: It's actually made in Stanford, Florida by a company called "The Fathers Table LLC"

Does cobbler fit in this category? Warm cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream.

 

I was just going to ask the same question. For me it is blackberry cobbler if that is within the guidelines

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.