Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is your favorite kind of pie and/or cake?

Featured Replies

Cheesecake without question.

 

As far as pie goes, Peanut Butter pie.

I make a mean PB Pie! I'm very picky about PB Pie, if it just looks like PB but has no PB taste I'm out. I can't tell you how many I've seen at church or family reunions that have no taste to them.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pie:

1. Pecan Pie

2. Derby Pie

 

Cake:

1. Texas Sheet Cake

2. Nothing comes close to #1

 

A pie that has not been mentioned but is my uncle's favorite is Elderberry Pie.

Bolded was my mother in laws specialty, haven't had any since she passed.

I like most all pies but my favorite, easily, is transparent pie.

 

My favorite kind of cake is crab cake. Not much of a fan of cake in general....I'll basically only eat cheesecake, carrot cake, and crab cakes.

  • Author
I like most all pies but my favorite, easily, is transparent pie.

 

Very good choice.

I was just going to ask the same question. For me it is blackberry cobbler if that is within the guidelines

 

That brings back great childhood memories. We had blackberry bushes growing wild in our back yard. My mom used to send us out with pots and pans to collect them. Seemed like it was always two hundred degrees outside, fighting tons of stickers, and felt like it took a million berries. But that night we had delicious blackberry cobbler. It was worth it!

Cheesecake without a question. I don't eat many sweets, I only like one type of pie, but I'll leave that out of this one. But I love cheesecake and one of the best I have ever found is actually from Fazoli's. They don't make it, I believe it comes from a company out of Jersey or New York, but it's excellent. That was my bday cake yesterday and pretty much every year.

 

EDIT: It's actually made in Stanford, Florida by a company called "The Fathers Table LLC"

Interesting, I'll have to give that a try.

Key Lime Pie.

 

I'm not much of a cake person but will crush some ice cream cake.

 

Love me some Key Lime Pie...doesn't top Peach (or Strawberry), but edges out Cheesecake to be sure.

 

In the true "cake" category, I'd go with Carrot Cake, then Red Velvet, then any iced cake.

I like most all pies but my favorite, easily, is transparent pie.

 

My favorite kind of cake is crab cake. Not much of a fan of cake in general....I'll basically only eat cheesecake, carrot cake, and crab cakes.

 

If you're ever in Maysville, look me up and I'll treat you to a Magee's Bakery transparent pie.

If you're ever in Maysville, look me up and I'll treat you to a Magee's Bakery transparent pie.

 

Sure and I still get my chicken dinner?

Pie- Butterscotch

Cheesecake- Peanut Butter or Pumpkin

1a.) Peach Pie 1b.) Key Lime Pie

 

Pie that I could eat the whole thing in one sitting? Impossible Pie.

Fresh picked sour cherry pie

Pie: Pecan

Cake: carrot

 

Both have to be homemade

 

After that anything with caramel or Chocolate

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.