Mercer Co. 63 Lexington Christian 0

jrider111

Does Mercer play it's games beside the baseball field with the mountain in centerfield beginning at about pitchers mound or is that the middle school field? If that is the high school facilities they should have spent some money upgrading baseball before building an indoor facility. I have never seen a worse baseball field in the entire state and I have seen plenty bad ones. Curious because I want to see Mercer play in a few weeks.

Good luck in your last season of 2A, I would think you guys should be 5A next year........

You got it buddy. Nothing wrong with speaking the truth. Our baseball field is an absolute joke. Hopefully will taking care of that in a year or so....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tuition for Catholic when my daughter went (graduated 2002) was a little over 6K per year for non-parishioners with a 2k break for parishioners. There also is financial aid based on need for those unable to afford tuition but the minimum paid then was about 2K and there was a strong expectation that all parents be involved in fund raising. LCA was about the same I think then although I'm not sure if they gave any tuition breaks to members of their church. LCA is already competitive in several sports and could conceivably become so and was last year in football, especially if they increase their size.

Does Mercer play it's games beside the baseball field with the mountain in centerfield beginning at about pitchers mound or is that the middle school field? If that is the high school facilities they should have spent some money upgrading baseball before building an indoor facility. I have never seen a worse baseball field in the entire state and I have seen plenty bad ones. Curious because I want to see Mercer play in a few weeks.

Good luck in your last season of 2A, I would think you guys should be 5A next year........

I could not agree more. Maybe not the worse filed but pretty bad. They hopefully will get a new field one day. Baseball not at top of list as football is right now

I am an outsider looking in but it seems to me like LCA has made some strides athletically the past few years. The baseball team won the state championship two years ago and the football team was playing for a regional championship last season. While they may be up and down from year to year, remember they are a small school. Given some time I think they can recru..., sorry invite/enroll some athletes around Lexington to come there. What kind of middle school or feeder system do they have?

IGiven some time I think they can recru..., sorry invite/enroll some athletes around Lexington to come there.

You mean like the way my son was "recru..., sorry invited" to attend 2 different public schools? They even offered him a "free ride," including transportation.

LCA probably needs to fold with Rains. He really wasted last years talent, and the new offense he's trying to install doesn't fit his coaching style either. In order to become a passing team, you'll need SPEED, and a kid who can wing it. They'll have to put more emphasis into their athletic programs to get over the hump. Rains has somewhat tarnished his image by comments made about former players. He should've been better than that because word has spread and the parents of some kids here in lexington have reconsidered sending their kids to LCA and instead considered Catholic. People also watch games, and last year, he had a WR that was in the state's preseason top 50 and didn't try and get him at least 10 touches a game. Tyrell was great, but he would've been even better if the ball was spread around to some of those good skilled players that helped LCA's turnaround before Hayden's arrival. I bet you can understand that one real well Bluto.

This is a joke...right? :irked:

:confused: Fold??? So he took a team that had one like 2 games in 3 years to a 10-2 record (Regional Final and win over Beachwood) in 3 years...and you say they should get rid of him. Are you kidding me? What killed LCA last year against NCC was depth...not spreading the ball around. As a matter of fact LCA was pretty evenly split on the run-pass last year. I assume you probably didnt watch any GAME FILM last year...but that "WR" was double covered quite a bit. This post blows my mind.

Actually, that post was...well, :fight: obviously, agenda oriented...How did I do Guru? Tell'em gus!

It (the tuition) is overrated like them...

Obviously you have never talked to anyone from another team that has played them. They also teach false doctrines on other religions at their school. Can't respect that!

It just will never happen... They will have good seasons off and on, but will never be a Powerhouse.

And what would the "false doctrines" you speak of be?