Mercer Co. 63 Lexington Christian 0

jrider111

I counted 18 from Harrodsburg campus on Varsity - freshman not included. Overall I thought they played a good game, always room for improvement. There were good highlights, but also areas of concern. Many players really stood out tonight, great that so many got to play. Way to go Titans - we are very proud of you working hard together as a team!

"Make them Remember the Titans Forever"

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I think we were pretty descent last year. We had some key injuries against Russell. I said we can play with any of them. I didn't say we would wipe the field with them.

I agree, we played them well last year. Injuries and two dropped TD passes were all that seperated us from Russell. However, in the playoffs, it is overcoming these types of things that seperate the good from the great. Russell is defending State Champions....might want to find another team to compare us to since it is just week 1...

I counted 18 from Harrodsburg campus on Varsity - freshman not included. Overall I thought they played a good game, always room for improvement. There were good highlights, but also areas of concern. Many players really stood out tonight, great that so many got to play. Way to go Titans - we are very proud of you working hard together as a team!

"Make them Remember the Titans Forever"

Welcome to BGP! Glad to have you aboard.

I agree, we played them well last year. Injuries and two dropped TD passes were all that seperated us from Russell. However, in the playoffs, it is overcoming these types of things that seperate the good from the great. Russell is defending State Champions....might want to find another team to compare us to since it is just week 1...

Don't mistake my for getting over excited or nothing. I just saw a different team out their tonight. They looked pretty good. They have alot to work on but, the there is alot of talent on this team that wasn't on last season's team. I'm not going to compare them to noone. But, since noone knew what to expect since they are a brand new team I thought they looked very good. I just hope the team thinks they can play against anybody. As long as they think that, then that's all that matters.

Harrodsburg's 15 kids could have beat LCA 49-0 by themselves....

Oh Yeah? Well my daddy can beat up your daddy! :fight: ;)

Now that we've had our "fun," let's get back to game analysis.

First of all, great job by the Titans; they looked great. #s 2,3 and 13 (plus some others) had outstanding speed.

The first Titan score was awesome: I think it was #3 that put a juke on the safety that was a thing of beauty. It would have faked out any of the skill players that LCA had last year as well.

Comparing 1st quarters, LCA was only down 14-0 this year, compared to 31-0 last year against LexCath. I felt that this year's LCA team made Mercer "earn" those points. After that it appeared that they became fatigued.

LCA's QB is inexperienced, and it showed. The passes were either "ducks" or else off-target. The good news is that LCA's receivers were often open.

Another bright spot was the SIGNIFICANT contribution by 9th grader Dominique Hayden, younger brother of last year's district player-of-the-year, Tyrell Hayden. Those in the know say that Dominique is better at this stage than Tyrell was. He put some licks on people.

Our offense has changed to a pass-oriented one. With that said, the choices seemed to be either screen passes, or else long throws of 15-20 yds or more. In that regard, nothing seems to have changed from our previous coach's philosophy. It appeared to many observers that 5-8 yd. passes were open all day.

I'll add more observations as I remember them (I'm getting old...!)

Don't mistake my for getting over excited or nothing. I just saw a different team out their tonight. They looked pretty good. They have alot to work on but, the there is alot of talent on this team that wasn't on last season's team. I'm not going to compare them to noone. But, since noone knew what to expect since they are a brand new team I thought they looked very good. I just hope the team thinks they can play against anybody. As long as they think that, then that's all that matters.

:thumb: :thumb: I think you said it best in another thread....believe the hype!!

I feel the need to explain why I started posting so late on this thread.

Tonight I was watching one of last year's seniors from LCA fight and win his first UFC match. Jordan Kite knocked his opponent out in under 2 minutes!

Did anybody else see the jersey's? i thought they looked good!

Even though I'm an opponent, I must agree, they looked good. The whole team and crowd was fired up.

Good luck, Mercer, for the rest of the season. I'm glad we won't see you in the playoffs!!

Bluto..

Sorry..not meant to be an insult to LCA's program...rather just stating the fact that the Harrodsburg players absorbed into the Mercer program are awfully good.

I saw the same thing as you. Inexperienced QB I thought, and fatigue. Mercer's points came much easier after the 1st quarter. I'm not sure the offense of LCA is suited to their personnel. Anyway, good luck the rest of year.