Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why It's Time to Repeal The 2nd Amendment

Featured Replies

We will always have our own people that will cause problems due to mental illness and that may be more difficult, but not impossible to deal with. Those that hate, like Roof, may only appear on the radar if they have run ins with the law, just as the Orlando shooter was a blip on the radar and dropped. Nothing will be perfect, yet as I stated, government protects us and preserves our freedom and liberties.

 

So we have people with mental disabilities, hate, and are involved with radical religious groups committing mass murder...how do we stop it?

 

You have to limit the tool they use to do the damage in some way.

  • Replies 375
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The short answer is no, it shouldn't. I also don't think it should be any harder for me to buy a gun. I do think the back ground check process/system should be improved. I would not support any ban of ay gun or mag that is legal today.

So we have people with mental disabilities, hate, and are involved with radical religious groups committing mass murder...how do we stop it?

 

You have to limit the tool they use to do the damage in some way.

 

So a terrorist attacks innocent unarmed people and the solution is to take guns away from law abiding citizens?

As a non gun owner currently, I will say that if the government decides to start taking law-abiding citizens guns away, I will be sure to buy several and hide them well.

 

I would have to consider it.

I think we should take the opposite approach and make it mandatory for everyone to carry a gun. That would end mass shootings.

My first question would be why is our first reaction to a problem always to restrict the freedom of law abiding American citizens.

 

When suspending visas to people from countries that are known to harbor terrorists is an option. I'd be much more willing to restrict a non American.

 

These topics always amuse me because the same principle of freedom and constitutional rights can be applied to multiple topics and according to the topic you will take an opposite opinion depending on what side of the aisle you are on.

 

For example stop and frisk in NYC was proven tactic to lower violent crime and gun violence. It was rightfully put to an end because of its constitutional violations. But those on left on here wanting to infringe a constitutional right due to perceived saftey concerns and bans guns are on the opposite of the same principle when it comes to stop and frisk.

 

There are a whole hosts of examples and it just amuses me.

 

But to answer the question to the tread title no it isn't the time to end the 2nd ammendment because no nation is truly free if the only people armed are the criminals and the government.

I think we should take the opposite approach and make it mandatory for everyone to carry a gun. That would end mass shootings.

 

I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd ammendment and individual liberty. While I support someone's right to own and carry a gun , I also respect someone's right not to.

I hear ya...dialogue and an open mind are a beautiful thing. Be careful though the majority of the recent shootings, except for Sandy Hook, were due to radical jihad.

 

And if you recall Sandy Hook was a mental health issue. For that matter they're all mental health issues. However, the radical jihad fuels the sick flames!

 

Again thanks for the stats....I'm still going to embrace guns :)!

 

No mental health issues with these crimes, these people know exactly what they are doing.

Restrict freedom or increase responsibility?

 

With today's modern military the idea that you possess freedom because you have guns is laughable. Similar to how you control the goverment because you vote.

Restrict freedom or increase responsibility?

 

With today's modern military the idea that you possess freedom because you have guns is laughable. Similar to how you control the goverment because you vote.

 

If you don't understand the concept that a population isn't free unless they are armed I would argue that the very concept of freedom you need to read up on. We are miles apart. I don't have the right to life if I don't have the ability to defend said life.

If you don't understand the concept that a population isn't free unless they are armed I would argue that the very concept of freedom you need to read up on. We are miles apart. I don't have the right to life if I don't have the ability to defend said life.

 

It's a concept you believe in, and I choose not. I don't have to read up on it.

 

The problem that we are running into is that some are using their unequvoicated rights to infringe on other's right to life.

 

To be honest it should be up to the gun industry and the NRA to find an answer of how they can make their product safer.

 

Kids have eaten detergent pods; therefore, these manufacturers are taking initiatives to make consumers aware of the dangers and attempting to make their product safer.

 

This doesn't happen in the gun industry. Why?

It's a concept you believe in, and I choose not. I don't have to read up on it.

 

The problem that we are running into is that some are using their unequvoicated rights to infringe on other's right to life.

 

To be honest it should be up to the gun industry and the NRA to find an answer of how they can make their product safer.

 

Kids have eaten detergent pods; therefore, these manufacturers are taking initiatives to make consumers aware of the dangers and attempting to make their product safer.

This doesn't happen in the gun industry. Why?

 

1st Does anyone not realize that guns are dangerous, do you need Smith and Wesson to tell you?

2nd Every new gun sold in the US now comes with a gun lock.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.