Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why It's Time to Repeal The 2nd Amendment

Featured Replies

A quick question. How many rounds can the top one hold? Bottom?

 

If there is no difference what does it matter if they ban the bottom?

Gun on the bottom would have been banned under the Assault Weapons ban of the 90's due to the way it looked alone.

  • Replies 375
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A quick question. How many rounds can the top one hold? Bottom?

 

If there is no difference what does it matter if they ban the bottom?

Depending on the magazine, they can hold the same amount.

I know this gets brought up a lot in this debate. But, why do gun manufacturers bother to make and why do people spend substantial sums of money to purchase guns like the AR-15 if they are essentially identical to an old farm rifle?

That's my point...this isn't an AR-15 it is an inexpensive Mossberg .22cal look-a-like. It scares people when the top one doesn't...but they are in essence the exact same gun.

 

The second gun may have different sites, grips and other attachments added that you can't put on the first one...just like cars many people like to customize their firearms and guns made on this platform are easily customization.

I know this gets brought up a lot in this debate. But, why do gun manufacturers bother to make and why do people spend substantial sums of money to purchase guns like the AR-15 if they are essentially identical to an old farm rifle?

That's my point...this isn't an AR-15 it is an inexpensive Mossberg .22cal look-a-like. It scares people when the top one doesn't...but they are in essence the exact same gun.

 

The second gun may have different sites, grips and other attachments added that you can't put on the first one...just like cars many people like to customize their firearms and guns made on this platform are easily customization.

The reason I ask is because the reasoning JD posted seems a lot like saying a Corvette and a Corolla are the same thing. A Corolla and a Corvette both have four wheels, internal combustion engines, a radio, and seatbelts. But, one of them will go 0-60 in three and a half seconds and the other one might need pushed down hill if you put a load of groceries in the back. So, they aren't comparable.

 

No, you completely missed what I was saying. You assumed the second gun pictured was an AR which it isn't....it is a .22 rifle that operates exactly the same as the other gun. One doesn't go zero to 60 any faster than the other one.

 

If I was making a car comparison it would be like this.

10/22 (1st photo) = 95 Ford F-150

Mossberg .22 (2nd photo) = 2012 Ford F-150

AR-15 (Semi Auto, civilian version) = 2016 Corvette

M-16 (Military version) = Jet Fighter

 

The later along with all Full Auto Assault Rifles are VERY tightly Controlled and Expensive to acquire and get ATF approval for.

No, you completely missed what I was saying. You assumed the second gun pictured was an AR which it isn't....it is a .22 rifle that operates exactly the same as the other gun. One doesn't go zero to 60 any faster than the other one.

 

If I was making a car comparison it would be like this.

10/22 (1st photo) = 95 Ford F-150

Mossberg .22 (2nd photo) = 2012 Ford F-150

AR-15 (Semi Auto, civilian version) = 2016 Corvette

M-16 (Military version) = Jet Fighter

 

The later along with all Full Auto Assault Rifles are VERY tightly Controlled and Expensive to acquire and get ATF approval for.

 

Thanks for the explanation. Funny thing I have owned a 95 and 2012 F150, so this analogy hits home.

No, you completely missed what I was saying. You assumed the second gun pictured was an AR which it isn't....it is a .22 rifle that operates exactly the same as the other gun. One doesn't go zero to 60 any faster than the other one.

 

If I was making a car comparison it would be like this.

10/22 (1st photo) = 95 Ford F-150

Mossberg .22 (2nd photo) = 2012 Ford F-150

AR-15 (Semi Auto, civilian version) = 2016 Corvette

M-16 (Military version) = Jet Fighter

 

The later along with all Full Auto Assault Rifles are VERY tightly Controlled and Expensive to acquire and get ATF approval for.

 

I assumed the intent of your post was to say that there is nothing substantively different between semi-automatic rifles other than "tactical" rifles look more menacing, which is a point brought up rather frequently. So, I asked why there is demand for a much more expensive gun like the AR (or pick a gun!!!) if the only difference was cosmetic.

@oldgrappler , Man, you get a lot done with your posts :jump:

 

I don't disagree we have moral issues, but it may take decades to make those changes.

 

Seems we need to find some more solutions that may make a difference today. The next time some hate filled nut decides to kill a bunch of innocent people.

I assumed the intent of your post was to say that there is nothing substantively different between semi-automatic rifles other than "tactical" rifles look more menacing, which is a point brought up rather frequently. So, I asked why there is demand for a much more expensive gun like the AR (or pick a gun!!!) if the only difference was cosmetic.

 

Same reason people like to accessorize their truck (tinted windows, lift kits, bug deflectors, cool rims, etc). The truck is the same and runs the same but it looks so much better.

I assumed the intent of your post was to say that there is nothing substantively different between semi-automatic rifles other than "tactical" rifles look more menacing, which is a point brought up rather frequently. So, I asked why there is demand for a much more expensive gun like the AR (or pick a gun!!!) if the only difference was cosmetic.
Why do people look to drive the newest car or live in the newest house or wear this weeks new basketball shoe? Human nature to have the latest greatest of what ever.

 

Having shot an AR and an AK (replica) I'll tell you they are fun guns to shoot. Shoot harder and further than my .22 squirrel rifle, but I wouldn't chose either to hunt squirrels. Some people buy them to compete in 3-gun competitions, some buy them to target shoot and some buy them just because they think they are cool and yes some buy them for home defense.

Sorry to ruin the usual banter....but...

 

An AR-15 was not the weapon used by this/these particular shooter(s).

As I've said numerous times before on various threads, there are some common sense things that could be done, a few laws currently not being enforced that could be enforced and a few laws that need to be changed.

 

I'm not opposed to some changes...but banning any current legal firearms isn't something I would support.

Sorry to ruin the usual banter....but...

 

An AR-15 was not the weapon used by this/these particular shooter(s).

True, it was not.

I assumed the intent of your post was to say that there is nothing substantively different between semi-automatic rifles other than "tactical" rifles look more menacing, which is a point brought up rather frequently. So, I asked why there is demand for a much more expensive gun like the AR (or pick a gun!!!) if the only difference was cosmetic.

 

It's the same reason that MrsC carries a .357 hammerless revolver loaded with .38 special loads. The combination of the weight of the gun and power of the load are the most deadly combination she can handle with great precision.

 

God forbid that MrsC ever has to fire at a person. But, if she does, I want them dead.

If the govt wants your guns they will take them. Moot point.

Will criminals have guns? They sure will, but if it's against the law and you don't want to be a criminal you won't have any.

 

And it would get very, very bloody for the Government I believe if they thought they could just walk up to Joe Citizen's door and start taking guns. Would they eventually win? Sure, after all average Joe Citizen can't wield a .50 cal on his truck, roll a tank down the street or call in an Apache copter strike.

 

However...guess who would have/get guns once all was settled down? You guessed it, the only ones who shouldn't have them to begin with and the ones who should be the only ones the government took guns away from...the criminals themselves.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.