Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why It's Time to Repeal The 2nd Amendment

Featured Replies

Why is the automatic response seem to be to blame the guns and call for more control and bans? It's ok to admit we don't have the answers but it's ignorance to immediately start calling for bans because it gives us a warm and fuzzy. In reality it doesn't address the problem and in the end doesn't change anything. I could walk into that night club with just about any gun and have double digit victims.

 

Big part of the problem, my friend. I advocated for neither of these things.

  • Replies 375
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has there been a point where we have taken up arms against our own federal govt to ensure freedom?

 

Civil War ring a bell?

Civil War ring a bell?

 

The Confederacy rising up against our government to protect their economic system built on slavery is not a great example of why we need guns to protect our freedom. I guess you could say the South was trying to protect their rights, but is that what we want to look to and use as an example of the people protecting themselves from our own government becoming tyrannical??

Civil War ring a bell?

 

or the Revolutionary War?

The Confederacy rising up against our government to protect their economic system built on slavery is not a great example of why we need guns to protect our freedom. I guess you could say the South was trying to protect their rights, but is that what we want to look to and use as an example of the people protecting themselves from our own government becoming tyrannical??

 

I was thinking along the lines of the North freeing the slaves.

 

That is a great example of using guns to protect rights and freedom.

I was thinking along the lines of the North freeing the slaves.

 

That is a great example of using guns to protect rights and freedom.

 

Semantics I guess. I see your point, but I just see that as the government putting down a rebellion rather than a "average Joe" protecting himself from an overreaching government, and an example of why 2nd Amendment rights are important.

Civil War ring a bell?

 

Bad example. Rebels that were ultimately smashed and motivated by benefits of slavery.

 

If you meant the Union, well, that's the govt.

 

Revolutionary war teeters on a good example militias motivated to fight their mother country but I sort preceded all of this.

If you are worried about the people buying the guns and not the guns themselves why do you think any gun should be banned? If you don't care about the real differences between one gun and another then why do believe certain guns shouldn't be around?

 

I have huge concern with the power of certain guns and the real practical use of them.

I have huge concern with the power of certain guns and the real practical use of them.

Until you educate yourself on guns you are arguing from a position of ignorance. And why is a requirement of a gun that it have a practical use?

And why is a requirement of a gun that it have a practical use?

 

JMO, but if something has no practical use, it seems rather pointless to me.

JMO, but if something has no practical use, it seems rather pointless to me.

 

I would argue practical is a loose term. What may be practical for you may not be practical for me.

 

But on a larger level I do hear the term "need" thrown around a lot. For example you don't need a certain clip size or gun. But "need" is irrelevant when it comes to a fundamental right. We don't "need" free speech or a right to privacy, but we are free men and women who don't need to validate our right to be free to any one person or entity.

Until you educate yourself on guns you are arguing from a position of ignorance. And why is a requirement of a gun that it have a practical use?

 

Wouldn't we all be arguing from ignorance unless you're an expert? Seems like everyday on these boards we're all teacher, coaches, school administrators, lawyers, politicians, statesmen, generals, police officers, etc. expressing our opinion we don't know squat as far as the profession goes, but we know what doesn't smell right.

 

It's funny the absolute pro-gun stance is to demean knowledge in order justify a practical use.

I didn't say you had to be an expert but when you don't know anything about guns and have no interest in educting yourself on the subject, how do you expect to have a intelligent debate about it?

 

And please tell me how I was demeaning?

JMO, but if something has no practical use, it seems rather pointless to me.
What's the practical use of booze?
What's the practical use of booze?

 

Relax, quenches thirst....:idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.