June 14, 201610 yr You may want to go back and bone up on what Memorial Day is for. I wasn't referring to the battles against foreign entities, and I'm pretty certain no one else was either. There is an implication in this nation that private citizens must keep guns to stave off the govt. 1. Our govt couldn't muster the legislative support to take a pop gun. #hyperbole .
June 14, 201610 yr Come on cap, you and I see eye to eye on a lot of issues, but SURELY armed military personnel walking around locked and loaded at Wal-Mart, the airport or a busy intersection isn't what you would want to see. if it ever got to that point, then we have almost assuredly "lost the game". I would have agreed with you Big V but I was just in Paris and London in May. At first, seeing cops in full gear with rifles drawn (not just at their side but actually in front of them in "ready position") walking around sort of freaked me out. However, within a few days, I got used to it and was not freaked out at all. The Parisians looked like they don't even notice...
June 14, 201610 yr Exactly. :lol2: Proves my point from yesterday about them freaking out when anything gun related is questioned. Who freaked out? No one that I've seen. You start a thread posting a ridiculous article to start a debate. The same tired debate we have every time something tragic happens like what happened in Orlando and we get the same outcry blaming the object rather than the sick, twisted, hateful coward that committed the murders. I find it rather ridiculous when more than half of the people arguing in here don't know the difference between an AR-15, an M4A1 carbine, and quite possibly (with some) an air rifle.
June 14, 201610 yr Would the gun he used fall under the same classification: would this be the Dodge Challenger To the AR-15 Ford Mustang?To save me time, I copied and pasted: It's a modular, multi-caliber (able to swap to different calibers, including 5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, and 7.62×39) rifle system that sometimes utilizes STANAG magazines common to more than 60 different firearms, but otherwise has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape or form. Here's an article on the rifle
June 15, 201610 yr Who freaked out? No one that I've seen. You start a thread posting a ridiculous article to start a debate. The same tired debate we have every time something tragic happens like what happened in Orlando and we get the same outcry blaming the object rather than the sick, twisted, hateful coward that committed the murders. I find it rather ridiculous when more than half of the people arguing in here don't know the difference between an AR-15, an M4A1 carbine, and quite possibly (with some) an air rifle. We could google it but we want to make you feel important, RTS. :lol2:
June 15, 201610 yr We could google it but we want to make you feel important, RTS. :lol2: :lol2: I don't need to feel important, I just want people to educate themselves at least a little if they want to debate infringing on others constitutional rights.
June 15, 201610 yr I wasn't referring to the battles against foreign entities, and I'm pretty certain no one else was either. There is an implication in this nation that private citizens must keep guns to stave off the govt. 1. Our govt couldn't muster the legislative support to take a pop gun. #hyperbole . You have stated, more than once, that a nation need not be armed to be free. History disagrees with you. #youarentclear
June 15, 201610 yr I assumed the intent of your post was to say that there is nothing substantively different between semi-automatic rifles other than "tactical" rifles look more menacing, which is a point brought up rather frequently. So, I asked why there is demand for a much more expensive gun like the AR (or pick a gun!!!) if the only difference was cosmetic. It's not more expensive at least not by much. A similar comparison to the 2 guns JD used in the .223 caliber would be a mini 14 versus an actual AR. The mini 14 looks pretty much just like the 10/22 he posted but is a .223. You can get some brands of AR15s cheaper than a mini 14. if you shoot completion like 3 gun, an AR is a great choice because is light, nimble, reliable and accurate.
June 15, 201610 yr You have stated, more than once, that a nation need not be armed to be free. History disagrees with you. #youarentclear Has there been a point where we have taken up arms against our own federal govt to ensure freedom?
June 15, 201610 yr :lol2: I don't need to feel important, I just want people to educate themselves at least a little if they want to debate infringing on others constitutional rights. I really don't need to know the ins and outs of every weapon. In all honesty I'm more worried about the people buying. I don't understand why some weapons are out there, but you guys say they are just like vehicles that are a decade removed, so they must be EXACTLY the same :lol2:. Heck, if some of these loons would have gotten on BGP they would have saved a few bucks and grabbed the cheapy at WalMart; it would have been the SAME. All this escapes my logic, but I don't know the modern sporting rifle. Never had any use for that type of shooting.
June 15, 201610 yr I wasn't referring to the battles against foreign entities' date=' and I'm pretty certain no one else was either. There is an implication in this nation that private citizens must keep guns to stave off the govt. 1. Our govt couldn't muster the legislative support to take a pop gun. #hyperbole . How many hours are you going to spend on here posting how certain guns aren't needed but you don't want the 2A to go away?
June 15, 201610 yr How many hours are you going to spend on here posting how certain guns aren't needed but you don't want the 2A to go away? Another argument with a huge hole in it, JA: All guns or no guns. I'm pretty bored with no political forum.
June 15, 201610 yr I really don't need to know the ins and outs of every weapon. In all honesty I'm more worried about the people buying. I don't understand why some weapons are out there, but you guys say they are just like vehicles that are a decade removed, so they must be EXACTLY the same :lol2:. Heck, if some of these loons would have gotten on BGP they would have saved a few bucks and grabbed the cheapy at WalMart; it would have been the SAME. All this escapes my logic, but I don't know the modern sporting rifle. Never had any use for that type of shooting. If you are worried about the people buying the guns and not the guns themselves why do you think any gun should be banned? If you don't care about the real differences between one gun and another then why do believe certain guns shouldn't be around?
June 15, 201610 yr If you are worried about the people buying the guns and not the guns themselves why do you think any gun should be banned? If you don't care about the real differences between one gun and another then why do believe certain guns shouldn't be around? I think HC's problem is that he doesn't know the solution in the face of a fury of gun anger. And nobody from the gun side thinks there's a solution to be found beyond a heavily armored populace. I own a gun and have access to as many others as I want. I love shooting guns. Love the way they feel in my hands and love drilling a target dead-center — and I have plenty of experience doing so. Would plug anybody who wanted to get froggy. Now, from that standpoint, I have issues. Why are my concerns invalid?
June 15, 201610 yr I think HC's problem is that he doesn't know the solution in the face of a fury of gun anger. And nobody from the gun side thinks there's a solution to be found beyond a heavily armored populace. I own a gun and have access to as many others as I want. I love shooting guns. Love the way they feel in my hands and love drilling a target dead-center — and I have plenty of experience doing so. Would plug anybody who wanted to get froggy. Now, from that standpoint, I have issues. Why are my concerns invalid? Why is the automatic response seem to be to blame the guns and call for more control and bans? It's ok to admit we don't have the answers but it's ignorance to immediately start calling for bans because it gives us a warm and fuzzy. In reality it doesn't address the problem and in the end doesn't change anything. I could walk into that night club with just about any gun and have double digit victims.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.