Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why It's Time to Repeal The 2nd Amendment

Featured Replies

It's a concept you believe in, and I choose not. I don't have to read up on it.

 

The problem that we are running into is that some are using their unequvoicated rights to infringe on other's right to life.

 

To be honest it should be up to the gun industry and the NRA to find an answer of how they can make their product safer.

 

Kids have eaten detergent pods; therefore, these manufacturers are taking initiatives to make consumers aware of the dangers and attempting to make their product safer.

 

This doesn't happen in the gun industry. Why?

A gun is what t is, there's no making it safer. The safety of guns is up to the owner/user.

  • Replies 375
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a concept you believe in, and I choose not. I don't have to read up on it.

 

The problem that we are running into is that some are using their unequvoicated rights to infringe on other's right to life.

 

To be honest it should be up to the gun industry and the NRA to find an answer of how they can make their product safer.

 

Kids have eaten detergent pods; therefore, these manufacturers are taking initiatives to make consumers aware of the dangers and attempting to make their product safer.

 

This doesn't happen in the gun industry. Why?

 

You don't believe in the concept of freedom ? Interesting.

 

Second the purchase of a firearm does not infringe on anyone else's right. We do habe laws on the books already if someone does try to use a legal tool to infringe on others.

 

The purchase of alcohol doesn't infringe on anyone's rights . But if I consume this legal product and decide to break laws I will punished. Same thing with a weapon that weapon itself infringes on no one . It's my choice as the individual to use the tool for destruction.

If you don't understand the concept that a population isn't free unless they are armed I would argue that the very concept of freedom you need to read up on. We are miles apart. I don't have the right to life if I don't have the ability to defend said life.

 

I don't own guns, I don't use guns, frankly I don't believe in guns.

 

That doesn't mean I want to take away anyone else's right to own them.

 

I guess by your thinking I don't understand freedom. :idunno:

 

I'm not anti-gun rights or second amendment by any means. I own a shotgun, a rifle, and three handguns. I have a concealed carry card. But if all this guy has to do is repeatedly squeeze the trigger as fast as possible, well, he can take out a lot of people in a short amount of time. That's exactly what he did. It doesn't have to be fully automatic to be lethal to go along with all the other descriptions in your link. I just don't see the need for this type of weapon in the hands of citizens. And according to a doctor that I saw interviewed on one of the news stations, the bullets from this gun are nearly always a death sentence unless one is struck in the arms or legs. The bullet fragments in all directions inside the body and loss of blood is difficult to control even if the victim is rushed to a trauma center. I realize that there's other ways to commit mass murder without using guns, but why make it easier for lone wolf type crimes such as what happened in Orlando.

 

This is just a personal opinion I've had for years. I understand the second amendment rights. But maybe a few regulations should be in order. If not, what would keep the average Joe from owning a rocket propelled launcher?

Regulations are not a bad thing. Fully automatic weapons are not allowed. Sawed off shotguns are prohibited. Even fireworks are regulated.Maybe it's time to restrict the ownership of these type weapons as well.

I don't own guns, I don't use guns, frankly I don't believe in guns.

 

That doesn't mean I want to take away anyone else's right to own them.

 

I guess by your thinking I don't understand freedom. :idunno:

 

No , not at all. If you read the other post I had this thread I specifically said I value the ability to own a gun equally to the right to choose not to.

 

I look at it the same as me wanting drugs to be legal . I feel any consenting adult should consume what they want , I just wouldn't participate.

 

I don't think rights should have mandatory participation. But regardless if you choose to own a gun or not you still have the right.

No , not at all. If you read the other post I had this thread I specifically said I value the ability to own a gun equally to the right to choose not to.

 

I look at it the same as me wanting drugs to be legal . I feel any consenting adult should consume what they want , I just wouldn't participate.

 

I don't think rights should have mandatory participation. But regardless if you choose to own a gun or not you still have the right.

 

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

So the answer is we have what have, do your best America...? We can't make them safer; we won't try harder to keep them out of the hands of criminals; in fact we hope to continue to mass produce them at a high rate so there will be more and more in the wrong hands.

 

That seems like a defeatist attitude to me.

 

LB, FWIW, I believe in freedom, but I don't believe to be free you have to be armed.

Judging from the comments it appears no one here agrees with the guy that it's time to repeal the second amendment?

This is just a personal opinion I've had for years. I understand the second amendment rights. But maybe a few regulations should be in order. If not, what would keep the average Joe from owning a rocket propelled launcher?

Regulations are not a bad thing. Fully automatic weapons are not allowed. Sawed off shotguns are prohibited. Even fireworks are regulated.Maybe it's time to restrict the ownership of these type weapons as well.

But I can keep my .22 Ruger 10/22 rifle seen here, right?

 

Ruger_1022_Stainless.jpg

No pistol grips, no flash suppressor, no scope, and shoots only a .22 diameter bullet and it's not mean looking.

 

How about this one, can I keep this one?

37205%20Mossberg%20715T%20AR%2015-22%20.22%20LR%20Right-1000x800.jpg

It shoots the exact same bullet in the exact same manner, one trigger pull on bullet...but I have a feeling that this would be gone if many had their choice.

But I can keep my .22 Ruger 10/22 rifle seen here, right?

 

Ruger_1022_Stainless.jpg

No pistol grips, no flash suppressor, no scope, and shoots only a .22 diameter bullet and it's not mean looking.

 

How about this one, can I keep this one?

37205%20Mossberg%20715T%20AR%2015-22%20.22%20LR%20Right-1000x800.jpg

It shoots the exact same bullet in the exact same manner, one trigger pull on bullet...but I have a feeling that this would be gone if many had their choice.

 

A quick question. How many rounds can the top one hold? Bottom?

 

If there is no difference what does it matter if they ban the bottom?

But I can keep my .22 Ruger 10/22 rifle seen here, right?

 

Ruger_1022_Stainless.jpg

No pistol grips, no flash suppressor, no scope, and shoots only a .22 diameter bullet and it's not mean looking.

 

How about this one, can I keep this one?

37205%20Mossberg%20715T%20AR%2015-22%20.22%20LR%20Right-1000x800.jpg

It shoots the exact same bullet in the exact same manner, one trigger pull on bullet...but I have a feeling that this would be gone if many had their choice.

 

I know this gets brought up a lot in this debate. But, why do gun manufacturers bother to make and why do people spend substantial sums of money to purchase guns like the AR-15 if they are essentially identical to an old farm rifle?

I know this gets brought up a lot in this debate. But, why do gun manufacturers bother to make and why do people spend substantial sums of money to purchase guns like the AR-15 if they are essentially identical to an old farm rifle?

 

Why do people buy shiny expensive cars when any old pick up truck will do?

Why do people buy shiny expensive cars when any old pick up truck will do?

 

Those are different which is not what is being said.

 

 

image.jpeg

 

image.jpeg

 

These vehicles use gas and oil so they are the same.

Why do people buy shiny expensive cars when any old pick up truck will do?

 

The reason I ask is because the reasoning JD posted seems a lot like saying a Corvette and a Corolla are the same thing. A Corolla and a Corvette both have four wheels, internal combustion engines, a radio, and seatbelts. But, one of them will go 0-60 in three and a half seconds and the other one might need pushed down hill if you put a load of groceries in the back. So, they aren't comparable.

I'll repeat anyone who supports the repeal of the 2nd ammendment or very strict regulations but then in turn criticizes a conservative for the Patriot Act or stop and frisk are being as big of hypocrites as they are. You can't be for civil liberties and the repeal of the 2nd ammendment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.