Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why It's Time to Repeal The 2nd Amendment

Featured Replies

Relax, quenches thirst....:idunno:
I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to relax, maybe even going to a gun range.

 

It initially quenches thirst but in the end it dehydrates you.

 

I dunno...seems kinda "pointless"...:D

  • Replies 375
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to relax, maybe even going to a gun range.

 

It initially quenches thirst but in the end it dehydrates you.

 

I dunno...seems kinda "pointless"...:D

 

True. Of course, I can easily give up alcohol with no issue....

Good morning, friends. Another great day to be alive and free. I thank the Lord for life and each breath I take. And I am thankful to God for the inalienable rights bestowed upon me and my fellow human beings.

 

I really don't need to know the ins and outs of every weapon. In all honesty I'm more worried about the people buying.

 

I don't understand why some weapons are out there, but you guys say they are just like vehicles that are a decade removed, so they must be EXACTLY the same :lol2:.

 

Heck, if some of these loons would have gotten on BGP they would have saved a few bucks and grabbed the cheapy at WalMart; it would have been the SAME.

 

All this escapes my logic, but I don't know the modern sporting rifle. Never had any use for that type of shooting.

 

I think they did get on BGP and they determined too many rednecks are packin' in the Bluegrass area to risk starting something here. ;)

 

I think HC's problem is that he doesn't know the solution in the face of a fury of gun anger. And nobody from the gun side thinks there's a solution to be found beyond a heavily armored populace.

I own a gun and have access to as many others as I want. I love shooting guns. Love the way they feel in my hands and love drilling a target dead-center — and I have plenty of experience doing so. Would plug anybody who wanted to get froggy. Now, from that standpoint, I have issues. Why are my concerns invalid?

 

A Great Awakening is the solution to much of the crime and gun violence we are seeing. Additional legislation and gun restrictions won't do a thing.

 

JMO, but if something has no practical use, it seems rather pointless to me.

 

Like chewing gum, video games, blue or purple hair, movies, TV dramas and comedies, etc. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. But my opinion holds no more weight than anyone else's, and vice versa.

Question to those who immediately and adamantly oppose:

 

Do you believe the Constitution and its Amendments are still relevant to Today's world, up to the point that they should never be reconsidered?

 

 

I don't oppose, but to your question, of course not.

A bullet is useless without a gun and vice versa. A bomb is dangerous on its own. In your scenario we may as well ban people since a lot of bombings are carried out via suicide vest.

 

Not true, I can make a bullet shoot without a gun, just takes some practice.

What's the practical use of booze?

 

It's awesome.

What's the practical use of booze?

 

Woah.....don't bring my high octane beers into this!

True. Of course, I can easily give up alcohol with no issue....

 

But there is no practical use, yet you do not find it pointless.

But there is no practical use, yet you do not find it pointless.

 

Correct, but with no practical use, if it went away, I wouldn't be upset in the least.

Correct, but with no practical use, if it went away, I wouldn't be upset in the least.

 

Could I give up booze , I guess. Will I ever do it , nope. Everything is better with booze. Helps me hate people a little less.

I didn't say you had to be an expert but when you don't know anything about guns and have no interest in educting yourself on the subject, how do you expect to have a intelligent debate about it?

 

And please tell me how I was demeaning?

 

Who says I don't know anything about guns? Also I asked questions of resident BGP experts of what the difference in these weapons are. I wanted to see their opinion on things. Maybe I knew the answer maybe I didn't :thumb:

 

When you tell someone they are arguing from a point of ignorance that is demeaning? You don't hurt my feelings, but it will be hard to ever win anyone over by essientally saying "you don't know what you're talking about, so shut up."

 

Nevertheless, correlation is the problem here. Not much knowledge is needed to figure that out. Of the last 5 large mass shootings 4 have used a weapon in the assault weapon classifications. In the Orlando,San Bernandino, and Charleston shootings background checks missed the boat. Again I don't have to know everything about background checks to realize something just isn't right.

Could I give up booze , I guess. Will I ever do it , nope. Everything is better with booze. Helps me hate people a little less.

 

Note to self: don't carpool with Lipton Bash.

Does a thread like this make anyone else want to go to the range?

Has there been a point where we have taken up arms against our own federal govt to ensure freedom?

 

In their eyes I would list: Civil War, Shayes Rebellion, The Free State of Jones in the Confederacy.

Until you educate yourself on guns you are arguing from a position of ignorance. And why is a requirement of a gun that it have a practical use?

 

Who says I don't know anything about guns? Also I asked questions of resident BGP experts of what the difference in these weapons are. I wanted to see their opinion on things. Maybe I knew the answer maybe I didn't :thumb:

 

When you tell someone they are arguing from a point of ignorance that is demeaning? You don't hurt my feelings, but it will be hard to ever win anyone over by essientally saying "you don't know what you're talking about, so shut up."

 

Nevertheless, correlation is the problem here. Not much knowledge is needed to figure that out. Of the last 5 large mass shootings 4 have used a weapon in the assault weapon classifications. In the Orlando,San Bernandino, and Charleston shootings background checks missed the boat. Again I don't have to know everything about background checks to realize something just isn't right.

I said if you don't educate yourself on the subject. If you find that demeaning that's a you problem.

 

Your bolded statement about tells me you don't know much about guns.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.