Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Villanova 77 North Carolina 74 (NCAA Championship)

Featured Replies

Let's not act like he was trash though. He had a quality NBA career.

 

I didn't act like that. You inferred that part :D But it all paled in comparison to his awesome collegiate career, which is showcased by that shot.

  • Replies 152
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't act like that. You inferred that part :D But it all paled in comparison to his awesome collegiate career, which is showcased by that shot.

 

No argument there. Just checking though. So many people act like Laettner was horrible in the NBA. He wasn't a Hall of Famer but he wasn't a towel/water boy. He had an average to above average NBA career. He never was a star like he was in college though.

Living down here in Tar Heel country, all I'm hearing and reading about from fans is the terrible officiating.

 

What say you? Was it a difference maker? One sided?

Arguably the best title game ever. At halftime I felt Villanova was going to win. They were just so tough on both ends of the floor and UNC was getting absolutely nothing easy. It just felt like Nova's game. Heck of a team and a team all the people who hate the one and doners will bring up from now on. This felt like a title game you would have seen 20 years ago the way it was played so tough defensively by both teams.

 

Can't argue that, the Nova / G-Town, 85' and the Jimmy V. - N.C. State / Houston game in 82', 83' ? were also very good ones ... classic.

Of course all of the U.K. Championships won are my favorites ....

Nova is the first team since 1987 that will win a national championship without having a first-rounder on the team.

Laettner tweeted that the crown has been passed to Jenkins.

Well I sure hope it replaces that irritating footage of his shot on the CBS/TBS and ESPN future college basketball promotions.

Living down here in Tar Heel country, all I'm hearing and reading about from fans is the terrible officiating.

 

What say you? Was it a difference maker? One sided?

 

I did think that it was rather questionable at times against UNC and I wasn't wanting them to win.

Remember that girls team that got a technical because they celebrated prematurely when time was added back on the clock, and they lost because of the technical.

 

Could you imagine the uproar if that played out the same in this one?

It seems to me that the refs allow more physical play and don't call it as close in the NCAA tourney than they do during the regular season. I thought they really let them play last night without overwhelming whistles.

During the season in most of Kentucky's games if you came within a foot of someone while playing defense it was a foul.

I didn't buy into Nova all year, but wow was that team strong down the stretch. So much composure and just rolled with the punches. No question these were the 2 best teams.

Nova is the first team since 1987 that will win a national championship without having a first-rounder on the team.

 

As MJ pointed out on Twitter I forgot about Alford being a 1st round pick.

 

First team since 1972 UCLA.

As MJ pointed out on Twitter I forgot about Alford being a 1st round pick.

 

First team since 1972 UCLA.

 

You were right the first time Clyde. Alford was a second round pick.

You were right the first time Clyde. Alford was a second round pick.

 

I knew I shouldn't trust MJ.

Did anyone see the mascot get sucker-punched after the game?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.