Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Villanova 77 North Carolina 74 (NCAA Championship)

Featured Replies

Villanova was clutch in this game. This was the only non UK game I watched in it's entirety all year. It was well worth it...I was very impressed with Jay Wright tonight as well.

I thought Carolina would kill Nova inside, and they kept getting switches witch left guards on their bigs down low, but Carolina didn't take advantage down the stretch.

  • Replies 152
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now let the second guessing begin - UNC's defense on the last play.

 

Dickie V said he has no problem with it. I do. Why are they guarding Ochefu at mid court? If Hicks plays off Ochefu at mid court and doubles Arcianado there, that game almost surely goes to OT. Zero reason to guard Ochefu at mid court.

Wow...Wow...Wow!!!

 

Best ending ever for a Title Game?

 

It's up there. But I still think that Jim valvano's NC State Wolfpack against Houston was one of the better games ever.

This has to be worse. And there's no chance Kris Jenkins is hated 25 years from now.

 

If laettner his that shot against any other team it's a footnote in his biography. But UK fans have made it infamous.

A footnote :lol2: . Right, because Laettner had such a glowing post-collegiate career.

Not a fan of either team so I went to bed at half. I told my wife it was going to be a barn burner but had no idea it was going to be that exciting.

Nova was +14 with Jenkins on the floor.

Now for a couple things we've glossed over because of the final shot.

 

- The buzzer beater ignited the Nova win. I am talking about the buzzer beater to end the first half. That was a 4 point swing which should have given Carolina a 9 point lead into the break instead of 5 points.

 

- It hasn't been discussed as much as it should, but the real reason Nova won was because of their defense. By UNC standards, they were shooting out of this world from deep. Inside the arch, the Wildcats out schemed UNC and managed to offset the UNC length advantage. UNC was held to 7 points the first 10 minutes of the second half.

Laettner tweeted that the crown has been passed to Jenkins.

Reaction of Barkley when shot went in.

 

 

Twitter

 

How much money did he win on that shot? :lol2: :lol2:

Nova was +14 with Jenkins on the floor.

 

And -11 with him on the bench.

How much money did he win on that shot? :lol2: :lol2:

 

Yeah, I take it Barkley was taking the points :lol2:

A footnote :lol2: . Right, because Laettner had such a glowing post-collegiate career.

 

Let's not act like he was trash though. He had a quality NBA career.

Yeah, I take it Barkley was taking the points :lol2:

 

That was definitely an I-just-won-my-bet celebration. :lol2:

Let's not act like he was trash though. He had a quality NBA career.

 

Correct. Averaged 13 in 968 games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.