Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Villanova 77 North Carolina 74 (NCAA Championship)

Featured Replies

Hopefully the filter of history always shows both great shots in the archives. That shot is too wild to lose.

 

The Affirmed and Alydar of college basketball. Two great plays back to back.

 

Funny, no one plays Sean Wood's shot over Laettner to take the lead with 2 seconds left. That's how Paige's will eventually fade into history.

  • Replies 152
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As MJ pointed out on Twitter I forgot about Alford being a 1st round pick.

 

First team since 1972 UCLA.

 

UCLA had them, they just didn't get drafted til 1974: Bill Walton and Keith (Jamaal) Wilkes.

It seems to me that the refs allow more physical play and don't call it as close in the NCAA tourney than they do during the regular season. I thought they really let them play last night without overwhelming whistles.

During the season in most of Kentucky's games if you came within a foot of someone while playing defense it was a foul.

 

Not sure which game you were watching last night, but playing physical did not happen. The refs were caught up into the emotions of the game instead of officiating. They were bad all night.

So does this put to rest the theory that you have to have 2 eventual 1st round draft picks to win it all?

 

There are very few absolutes in life. I will take my chances in the tournament with teams that have a first round NBA pick and you can have the rest. I would say with just two non NBA first-rounder tournament winners in the last 30-plus years the odds are in my favor.

There are very few absolutes in life. I will take my chances in the tournament with teams that have a first round NBA pick and you can have the rest. I would say with just two non NBA first-rounder tournament winners in the last 30-plus years the odds are in my favor.

 

I guess that's one way to look at it.

Not sure which game you were watching last night' date=' but playing physical did not happen. The refs were caught up into the emotions of the game instead of officiating. They were bad all night.[/quote'] I thought Kennedy Meeks got the worst whistle of anyone last night. If he breathed on somebody he was getting a foul called on him. And this is coming from somebody that was pulling for Villanova big time.
I thought Kennedy Meeks got the worst whistle of anyone last night. If he breathed on somebody he was getting a foul called on him. And this is coming from somebody that was pulling for Villanova big time.

 

Kennedy wasn't even allowed to dive for a loose ball. It was just overall bad. I do think, and this isn't me just being a Carolina fan, that the whistles blew in favor of Nova more often that Carolina. But it is what is. If Carolina would have played defense for the first 15 minutes of the second half this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Kennedy wasn't even allowed to dive for a loose ball. It was just overall bad. I do think, and this isn't me just being a Carolina fan, that the whistles blew in favor of Nova more often that Carolina. But it is what is. If Carolina would have played defense for the first 15 minutes of the second half this wouldn't even be a discussion.

 

The officials probably received a memo to call it that way so that the NCAA didn't look dumb by having a team that should have had a post season ban win the whole thing lol.

Kennedy wasn't even allowed to dive for a loose ball. It was just overall bad. I do think, and this isn't me just being a Carolina fan, that the whistles blew in favor of Nova more often that Carolina. But it is what is. If Carolina would have played defense for the first 15 minutes of the second half this wouldn't even be a discussion.
UNC had 4 more fouls than Nova. One of Meeks' fouls (2nd or 3rd) was when he dove for a loose ball. He took the Nova players legs out. That's a foul 100% of the time. I saw his first 3 and they were all legit.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've just found it amusing that last year I didn't use the shot clock basket by Wisconsin as an excuse but many of the same Heels fans are bellowing how the refs cost them the game. A game where a circus shot tied it up to give UNC hope.

I heard a story today that said Jay Wright showed up at the house where Nate Britt and Kris Jenkins lived and he was after Britt. Wasn't sure if Jenkins' body was the right type for the style they played. After Britt committed to UNC Jay stayed on Jenkins and finally offered. Worked out well.

UNC had 4 more fouls than Nova. One of Meeks' fouls (2nd or 3rd) was when he dove for a loose ball. He took the Nova players legs out. That's a foul 100% of the time. I saw his first 3 and they were all legit.

 

So his jump ball foul was the right call? Spare me

So his jump ball foul was the right call? Spare me

 

I was OK with the foul on the loose ball. You can't take a player's legs out.

 

The next one was rough. First guy probably should have been whistled before him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.