Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Villanova 77 North Carolina 74 (NCAA Championship)

Featured Replies

So his jump ball foul was the right call? Spare me

 

:lol2:Spare me? Don't look now but your bias is showing.

 

For argument sake I'll give you that should have been a jump ball. That's 1 of his 3. You acted like he fouled out on 3 terrible calls.

  • Replies 152
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Combining the audiences from all 3 networks it was the lowest-rated championship game ever.

Combining the audiences from all 3 networks it was the lowest-rated championship game ever.

 

Who didn't see that coming from a mile away?

 

Pure stupidity to have it solely on cable.

Who didn't see that coming from a mile away?

 

Pure stupidity to have it solely on cable.

 

While we'll never know I wonder how much was it NOT being on CBS and how much was it the two teams involved and how much was it due to the blowouts Saturday?

:lol2:Spare me? Don't look now but your bias is showing.

 

For argument sake I'll give you that should have been a jump ball. That's 1 of his 3. You acted like he fouled out on 3 terrible calls.

 

I'm saying the officiating was rough all night. To say otherwise is laughable. My bias? Lol Ive said countless times Nova won that game not that Carolina gave it away. You've probably just got sour grapes from the round of 32. Have a good day :)

On the officiating, I felt in general the whole final four was officiated different than all the NCAA games I saw before that this year. The final four refs let a lot more physical play happen and I believe that worked to Villanova's favor. They do not have height but they've got bulk. With the refs allowing more pushing and shoving happen it worked to Villanova's advantage. I do think they called more of those regular-season touch fouls on UNC than they did on Villanova. I would like to see the game again to verify it but it seemed to me like Villanova did a lot of bumps on those shots in the paint and that is why UNC shot so poorly in the paint. Alex Poythress would have had a great game with those officials

While we'll never know I wonder how much was it NOT being on CBS and how much was it the two teams involved and how much was it due to the blowouts Saturday?

 

Heard on the radio this morning that TBS is in six million fewer households than CBS. That alone was going to cause ratings to be down.

Heard on the radio this morning that TBS is in six million fewer households than CBS. That alone was going to cause ratings to be down.

 

Yep.

 

Also have to wonder how many people turned on CBS for the game and then didn't bother looking for it when they realized it wasn't on there...

I'm saying the officiating was rough all night. To say otherwise is laughable. My bias? Lol Ive said countless times Nova won that game not that Carolina gave it away. You've probably just got sour grapes from the round of 32. Have a good day :)

Someone is butt hurt. Funny how you have to bring UK into it to try and deflect that fact. Carolina losing cost me a second place finish in our office pool and some cash so all things equal I want to see Carolina win.

 

Now saying the officiating was rough is a different discussion then whining that it was against UNC.

Who didn't see that coming from a mile away?

 

Pure stupidity to have it solely on cable.

 

But what we do not know is how many people watched it online.

But what we do not know is how many people watched it online.

 

Exactly. No accounting for streaming in those numbers and I have a feeling a lot of folks watched it that way.

Someone is butt hurt. Funny how you have to bring UK into it to try and deflect that fact. Carolina losing cost me a second place finish in our office pool and some cash so all things equal I want to see Carolina win.

 

Now saying the officiating was rough is a different discussion then whining that it was against UNC.

 

Unfortunately, more than myself can agree to that but whatever makes you happy. Carry on

That you "have to have", no. But it sure helps. Did UL have two eventual 1st rounders?

 

There is a reason since the McDonald's All American game began, only the Maryland team from the early 2000s didn't have a rep from that game.

 

Gorgui was a first round pick that year. Siva that year, Russ the year after, and Montrezl the following year were all in the second round. Siva, Chane, and Blackshear ticked the McDonalds box.

Exactly. No accounting for streaming in those numbers and I have a feeling a lot of folks watched it that way.

 

My son moved to New Orleans and doesn't have any TV package. He would be one who streams the game online. I'm guessing he's not unique (well, in THAT way).

Great college basketball game, the kind you hate to see either team lose. The shot to tie it was crazy, only to be outdone by that last second shot. I was kind of hoping for OT but, who knows, if the game goes into overtime one team might blow out the other.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.