Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Scott

Featured Replies

Only Coach Carr is out from what I'm hearing.

 

I would take that to mean they would be welcomed back if the new coach hires them onto his staff. I would think the new coach would have the ability to bring on whomever he wants.

  • Replies 336
  • Views 72.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take that to mean they would be welcomed back if the new coach hires them onto his staff. I would think the new coach would have the ability to bring on whomever he wants.

 

Or one of them is the new coach.

I think this will be a position that gets a lot of good coaches attention. Winnable region next season and some talent at the lower levels. The right coach might be able to come in and win right away for a few years.

Bezold as of rite now has not applied.

 

I heard there is a "presser" this afternoon to announce Mick Cronin has been hired. Most everyone from Holy Cross will be there, since they've received the death penalty and have nothing else to do.

 

Printed programs will be available. Oh, and the event will be recorded, in case you miss it. ;)

I heard there is a "presser" this afternoon to announce Mick Cronin has been hired. Most everyone from Holy Cross will be there, since they've received the death penalty and have nothing else to do.

 

Printed programs will be available. Oh, and the event will be recorded, in case you miss it. ;)

 

Ask Jack of All Trades. It helps when you know the highest-ranking person on the Kenton County School Board. Applying for the opening is a formality. Shannon Minor?!?!?! lol.

Tricia Mackie will be hired and will bring her sons AAU team with her.

Tricia Mackie will be hired and will bring her sons AAU team with her.

 

And Holy Cross will charge them double to get in.

Tricia Mackie will be hired and will bring her sons AAU team with her.

 

Ron Dawn maybe?

Ron Dawn maybe?

 

Second time ive heard that name mentioned, wonder if it has legs.

Please tell what makes Minor such a good candidate?

 

Shannon Minor was coach of the year in the Miami Valley Conference for North College Hill this year 21-4 record.

 

 

Miami Valley Conference

Shannon Minor was coach of the year in the Miami Valley Conference for North College Hill this year 21-4 record.

 

 

Miami Valley Conference

 

He was also the girls coach at Holy Cross at one time.

He was also the girls coach at Holy Cross at one time.

 

I thought you said you was a Holmes guy? Minor also was an assistant coach for Holmes and they went down to state several years ago when Henley was the head coach at Holmes? What is your grudge with Minor? Minor is a great guy and great coach.

Ron Dawn maybe?

 

Second time ive heard that name mentioned, wonder if it has legs.

 

Extremely doubtful.

He was also the girls coach at Holy Cross at one time.

 

Was his experience there positive?

I'm sure Bezold would prefer to coach college, but he also is in the Kentucky retirement system and needs to accumulate more years and Scott HS is a public school. The fact Scott HS has a ton of talent coming up and Ohmer makes this an appealing job.

 

 

 

The funny part is NKU's top two assistants both resigned recently, Ragland and Nored. People inside are saying they had had enough of the 24/7 work requirements set by Brannen. I like Brannen and think he will do fine as a head coach, but losing your top two assistants after less than a year on the job is not good. He's talked with a junior college coach down in Florida about taking one of the assistant positions at NKU.

 

Bezold has to be chuckling at that whole situation now. lol

 

Isn't NKU division I and the demands of a division I program aren't a secret, Brannen is the man for the job and if assistants can't handle that then then they aren't Division I caliber coaches because that's what it takes. All I hear is how good Bezold is as a coach what did he do as head coach of NKU? IMO he hasn't done anything and wasn't taking them anywhere he was in over his head at that level. Bezold maybe a good guy but he is squeaky clean either and I'll leave at that and hope not to get in trouble.

 

Scott made a big mistake getting rid of Carr and I am sure there is a lot more to it and others involved in getting him out than we will never know.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.