Open Job: Scott

Only Coach Carr is out from what I'm hearing.

I would take that to mean they would be welcomed back if the new coach hires them onto his staff. I would think the new coach would have the ability to bring on whomever he wants.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bezold as of rite now has not applied.

I heard there is a "presser" this afternoon to announce Mick Cronin has been hired. Most everyone from Holy Cross will be there, since they've received the death penalty and have nothing else to do.

Printed programs will be available. Oh, and the event will be recorded, in case you miss it. ;)

I heard there is a "presser" this afternoon to announce Mick Cronin has been hired. Most everyone from Holy Cross will be there, since they've received the death penalty and have nothing else to do.

Printed programs will be available. Oh, and the event will be recorded, in case you miss it. ;)

Ask Jack of All Trades. It helps when you know the highest-ranking person on the Kenton County School Board. Applying for the opening is a formality. Shannon Minor?!?!?! lol.

He was also the girls coach at Holy Cross at one time.

I thought you said you was a Holmes guy? Minor also was an assistant coach for Holmes and they went down to state several years ago when Henley was the head coach at Holmes? What is your grudge with Minor? Minor is a great guy and great coach.

I'm sure Bezold would prefer to coach college, but he also is in the Kentucky retirement system and needs to accumulate more years and Scott HS is a public school. The fact Scott HS has a ton of talent coming up and Ohmer makes this an appealing job.

The funny part is NKU's top two assistants both resigned recently, Ragland and Nored. People inside are saying they had had enough of the 24/7 work requirements set by Brannen. I like Brannen and think he will do fine as a head coach, but losing your top two assistants after less than a year on the job is not good. He's talked with a junior college coach down in Florida about taking one of the assistant positions at NKU.

Bezold has to be chuckling at that whole situation now. lol

Isn't NKU division I and the demands of a division I program aren't a secret, Brannen is the man for the job and if assistants can't handle that then then they aren't Division I caliber coaches because that's what it takes. All I hear is how good Bezold is as a coach what did he do as head coach of NKU? IMO he hasn't done anything and wasn't taking them anywhere he was in over his head at that level. Bezold maybe a good guy but he is squeaky clean either and I'll leave at that and hope not to get in trouble.

Scott made a big mistake getting rid of Carr and I am sure there is a lot more to it and others involved in getting him out than we will never know.