Open Job: Scott

Again, without knowing what was said, I have no idea as to what should or shouldn't have been done. Like it or not, coaches do not have carte blanche, and just cannot say whatever they want, especially at the high school level and below. There are lines and limits. And I think even before this, many coaches have been more aware of what they say and how they say things, in the locker room and on the field. But it's not just coaches....anyone is a position of authority has to be more aware.

I know what was said.

Aware of what they say, yes.

Worried a player would record them, no.

I have no issues with what was said by Coach Carr at that time in the season based on how they were playing as a spectator or a parent.

Coach Carrs style is the same as it has been, probably has actually mellowed in the past few years.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this. The player crossed the line imo, and I know him personally & told him as such.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what was said.

I have no issues with what was said by Coach Carr at that time in the season based on how they were playing as a spectator or a parent.

Coach Carrs style is the same as it has been, probably has actually mellowed in the past few years.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this. The player crossed the line imo, and I know him personally & told him as such.

Dead on and I agree 100% with you!!! The biggest loss in the whole thing is the future kids.

I know what was said.

Well, if you know what was said, then you know more than me. My comments are strictly based on what I know for certain, which isn't much. To me, if a line was crossed and the tape supports it, then it is what it is. It sucks, and sometimes people make mistakes. I know Brad can be abrasive, but I'd let him coach my kids any day of the week. I also know the player very well, and was lucky enough to coach him for almost 10 years. And I'd be happy to coach him again any day of the week.

In truth, I don't disagree with everything you are saying.

Well, if you know what was said, then you know more than me. My comments are strictly based on what I know for certain, which isn't much. To me, if a line was crossed and the tape supports it, then it is what it is. It sucks, and sometimes people make mistakes. I know Brad can be abrasive, but I'd let him coach my kids any day of the week. I also know the player very well, and was lucky enough to coach him for almost 10 years. And I'd be happy to coach him again any day of the week.

In truth, I don't disagree with everything you are saying.

What's missed in all this craziness is, not only is Scott losing Coach Carr, there's a strong chance they lose the entire staff of Stapleton, Elsbernd, Frommeyer & Zeigler. I can see the first 2 being head coaches very soon

What's missed in all this craziness is, not only is Scott losing Coach Carr, there's a strong chance they lose the entire staff of Stapleton, Elsbernd, Frommeyer & Zeigler. I can see the first 2 being head coaches very soon

Agreed. I know Elsbernd is wrapping up is teaching degree soon and I would agree he will be a head coach sooner than later

Stapleton and Elsbernd did the J.V. team together at Scott. Stapleton was the head coach and he is definitely ready. It looked Stapleton like was coaching the offense and Elsbernd was doing most of the defensive stuff. They worked well together from what I could tell. Them two were constantly out scouting together as well. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them got a HC job somewhere if the other was his assistant.

My understanding was the entire staff is gone.

My understanding was the entire staff is gone.

They are, from what I am told. Bezold will be allowed to choose his own people. That only makes sense given what has gone on out there. If everything being tossed out there is correct, Bezold could have a basketball legend in this area in an advisory role and a member of the staff. Stay tuned for that one.

They have all quit except Fromeyer ,who I believe has applied for the job.

They are, from what I am told. Bezold will be allowed to choose his own people. That only makes sense given what has gone on out there. If everything being tossed out there is correct, Bezold could have a basketball legend in this area in an advisory role and a member of the staff. Stay tuned for that one.

Bezold as of rite now has not applied.