Open Job: Scott

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they do that? That would put the new coach being hired during the middle of summer basketaball at the earliest.

They probably have a handful of Coaches already in mind and are carrying on searches. The posting would likely be just a formality or just to see if there is someone out of the blue.

I have heard there is no teaching job associated with it.

not tied to the coaching job itself, but there may be some teaching openings to help bring a coach in. the posting might read like varsity head basketball coach for 2016-17 school year, teaching positions available for math, english, etc.. paraprofessionals encouraged to apply

Scott wont hire a non teacher for boys basketball coach.

They probably shouldn't. The good rule of thumb is keep your coaches walking your halls with your players....however, in this case.....

If Scott waits until end of school year to post / hire, they are putting the program in a precarious place for summer work.

Would hope they don't do this to the kids....seems they have already done enough to what's left...

They probably shouldn't. The good rule of thumb is keep your coaches walking your halls with your players....however, in this case.....

If Scott waits until end of school year to post / hire, they are putting the program in a precarious place for summer work.

Would hope they don't do this to the kids....seems they have already done enough to what's left...

Open season for teaching gigs doesnt start till late April through Mid May.

First, despite the stuff that's swirling around (a lot of which is still speculation/hearsay), this is a pretty appealing job, and I'd guess they've already started hearing from people that might be interested (just a guess, I have no personal knowledge of anyone that has reached out). Second, many Scott's key players are almost all involved in other sports, so they typically haven't gotten a lot of summer work in anyway.

Open season for teaching gigs doesnt start till late April through Mid May.

Which is earlier than the end of the year.

They can post by the end of this month. They will know teaching

Openings fairly soon

Granted I am of a much older generation. But, in my day, not much was actually confidential, and toxicity as well as politics always was readily smelled out. From another thread, it appears that any quality candidate will have tons of clarity required before seriously considering jumping in the water. No clarity provided would lead us oldtimers to believe snakes, alligators and sharks are in the swamp.