Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Scott

Featured Replies

I thought you said you was a Holmes guy? Minor also was an assistant coach for Holmes and they went down to state several years ago when Henley was the head coach at Holmes? What is your grudge with Minor? Minor is a great guy and great coach.

 

No grudge with him. He is not a great coach. Why are you leading the cheers for him? Do you know his coaching past?

  • Replies 336
  • Views 72.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you have to look that hard for the list but these are my guesses:

 

Head Coaches

David McFarland - Ryle

Kevin Listerman - Highlands

Rod Snapp - Newport

Brandon Grammer - Grant County

Ryan Neises - Calvary Christian (sleeper)

 

Assistant Coaches

Steve Frohmeyer - Scott

Mike Hester - Simon Kenton

Ryan Bowman - Conner

Kevin Reinhardt - Newport

 

I'm sure the list of assistant coaches applying from the 10th is very long!

 

You have compiled a list and done the impossible: Not one of these people will be in the running for the Scott HS job. lol

You have compiled a list and done the impossible: Not one of these people will be in the running for the Scott HS job. lol

 

I was going to say the same thing. None of the head coaches would be interested IMO and not sure any of the assistants want to step into this hornets nest.

So working 24/7 is acceptable? Ask the NKU human resources about it. Bezold was no more in over his head at D-1 than Brannen, if you go by records. I like Brannen, but they were hard to watch. Please don't play the squeaky clean card because NKU allowed two players to continue on their merry ways this season when...never mind.

 

Never said 24/7, but being a coach at the Division I level you have to put in a lot of time to be successful. I am not saying its right but you just do and if your not willing to do that then you don't belong at that level.

 

Look at the resume's from both Brannen and Bezold its no comparison. Bezold couldn't win at the D-2 level and he sure is heck wasn't going to win at the D-1 level. I know a few season tickets holders and they were glad to see Bezold go because they knew he wasn't the guy to take them to the next level.

 

I know Bezold wasn't squeaky clean and I will leave it at that. Brannen is there to win and if players aren't willing to put in the work then he doesn't need them. Brannen came from programs that did that and he is driven to take NKU to the next level. Again Bezold was not going to do that as a recruiter and as a coach.

Never said 24/7, but being a coach at the Division I level you have to put in a lot of time to be successful. I am not saying its right but you just do and if your not willing to do that then you don't belong at that level.

 

Look at the resume's from both Brannen and Bezold its no comparison. Bezold couldn't win at the D-2 level and he sure is heck wasn't going to win at the D-1 level. I know a few season tickets holders and they were glad to see Bezold go because they knew he wasn't the guy to take them to the next level.

 

I know Bezold wasn't squeaky clean and I will leave it at that. Brannen is there to win and if players aren't willing to put in the work then he doesn't need them. Brannen came from programs that did that and he is driven to take NKU to the next level. Again Bezold was not going to do that as a recruiter and as a coach.

 

Nored and Ragland, the two assistants who bolted NKU in the past two weeks, have been very vocal about their "expected hours of work" and it's not a pretty story. Brannen is a workaholic and basically lost them in November. Not good for a rookie head coach to lose assistants less than 10 months into the job.

 

Bezold could not win at the D-2 level? You just lost any cred with that statement. Go check the records. As far as squeaky clean, ask Ragland or Nored about two of the players who remained on the NKU roster all season despite some....issues.

Edited by Thor of Asgard
spelling

I was going to say the same thing. None of the head coaches would be interested IMO and not sure any of the assistants want to step into this hornets nest.

 

You and I have a good idea who the next coach is going to be. Wait until May 10th or 11th. We'll see then.

Never said 24/7, but being a coach at the Division I level you have to put in a lot of time to be successful. I am not saying its right but you just do and if your not willing to do that then you don't belong at that level.

 

Look at the resume's from both Brannen and Bezold its no comparison. Bezold couldn't win at the D-2 level and he sure is heck wasn't going to win at the D-1 level. I know a few season tickets holders and they were glad to see Bezold go because they knew he wasn't the guy to take them to the next level.

 

I know Bezold wasn't squeaky clean and I will leave it at that. Brannen is there to win and if players aren't willing to put in the work then he doesn't need them. Brannen came from programs that did that and he is driven to take NKU to the next level. Again Bezold was not going to do that as a recruiter and as a coach.

 

Just FYI: Bezold was selected over Brannen as NKU's head coach in 2004. And it was for good reasons.

You and I have a good idea who the next coach is going to be. Wait until May 10th or 11th. We'll see then.

 

Id like to see your list then. I was guessing some of these would apply and I'll stick behind that statement. Real easy to criticize when you're just going to wait and claim you knew all along.

Id like to see your list then. I was guessing some of these would apply and I'll stick behind that statement. Real easy to criticize when you're just going to wait and claim you knew all along.

 

I only laughed because Jack of All Trades gave you the probable new coach several days ago in a post and you left him off the list. I also heard the same thing.

Id like to see your list then. I was guessing some of these would apply and I'll stick behind that statement. Real easy to criticize when you're just going to wait and claim you knew all along.

 

Here you go. My prediction:

Head coach-David Bezold

1st assistant-Kevin Schappell

2nd assistant/advisory role/bench coach-Ken Shields

JV coach-Clint Nagel

No grudge with him. He is not a great coach. Why are you leading the cheers for him? Do you know his coaching past?

 

He was coach of the year in the Miami Valley Confernce and NCH wash 21 and 4.

Bezold didn't do much at NKU. He didn't even recruit NKY kids.

He was coach of the year in the Miami Valley Confernce and NCH wash 21 and 4.

 

21-4 is nice but lets remember the level that they play. Scott is a step up from NCH without a doubt.

Bezold didn't do much at NKU. He didn't even recruit NKY kids.

 

lol...well, let's take a look:

Scott Bibbins

Kevin Reinhardt

Drew Beckett

Travis Rasso

Derek Smith

David McFarland

Corey Sorrell

Drew McDonald

Jake Giesler

Brady Jolly

Ben Weyer (Brannen nixed offer)

 

Seems like a few NKY guys there.

21-4 is nice but lets remember the level that they play. Scott is a step up from NCH without a doubt.

 

NCH is also where Minor played in high school before transferring to Colerain. Wonder why he would want to leave so soon?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.