Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Scott

Featured Replies

Letting Fromeyer get away would be a terrible move by Scott

 

Agree, but I do not think the HC job at Scott is the right move for him.

 

As for Stapleton, I doubt he gets this gig.

 

If Scott hires Shannon, well good luck because you all will get another 222 post thread in the near future....

  • Replies 336
  • Views 72.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and look where that got him, without a job I know players that have played for him and well leave it at that on what they told me.

 

He has a job at Holmes, in case you haven't paid attention. I know players that played for him and no one says anything out of the ordinary that any typical college player would say about a coach. If you know so much, tell us what they say. Crickets I bet.

Agree, but I do not think the HC job at Scott is the right move for him.

 

As for Stapleton, I doubt he gets this gig.

 

If Scott hires Shannon, well good luck because you all will get another 222 post thread in the near future....

 

Buyer beware in this case. You are spot on. Some principals and school board people never learn from others schools mistakes.

Jay was a high school coach before moving to NKY.

 

He retired as a high school in coach in Michigan long before moving to NKY.

Lots of backhanded shots or "I know the real story" (like on girls softball/basketball forums) about Shannon, why not give specifics?

Lots of backhanded shots or "I know the real story" (like on girls softball/basketball forums) about Shannon, why not give specifics?

Just because you coach a sport at the High School level doesn't mean you lose right to privacy to the general public. As the old story goes, there are two sides to every story and the chances of you getting both are slim. Most the time Coaches aren't even told why they are let go.

Just because you coach a sport at the High School level doesn't mean you lose right to privacy to the general public. As the old story goes, there are two sides to every story and the chances of you getting both are slim. Most the time Coaches aren't even told why they are let go.

 

Don't disagree. But a few seem to think "they know", just curious if they got the "guts" to say it

I don't think it about "guts" hopefully more about about "respect"

Lots of backhanded shots or "I know the real story" (like on girls softball/basketball forums) about Shannon, why not give specifics?

Il take Shannon. He's was a winner when he played. He's been a winner as a coach. I believe he was coach of the year. Seen him coach would love to see him coach my son. Probably no one on here truly knows him. He knows the game better than most and he's a true gym rat. I just hope the parents who complained don't get to do the hiring. I want a true coach not a politically correct coddling coach who holds no one accountable. We lost a great coach and mentor in Coach Carr.

Il take Shannon. He's was a winner when he played. He's been a winner as a coach. I believe he was coach of the year. Seen him coach would love to see him coach my son. Probably no one on here truly knows him. He knows the game better than most and he's a true gym rat. I just hope the parents who complained don't get to do the hiring. I want a true coach not a politically correct coddling coach who holds no one accountable. We lost a great coach and mentor in Coach Carr.

 

Agree on Carr, Shannon & parent....s.

Don't disagree. But a few seem to think "they know", just curious if they got the "guts" to say it

 

I'll bite...you don't have to bait me twice. I like Shannon, great coach, may be a little volatile for some tastes, nothing against him, has done a great job in the environment he is in....stepping into the situation currently at Scott may not be the best move for him or the system, that's all.

 

Enough "guts" for you ? No disrespect, but like others have said, just because you coach doesn't mean everyone has to know all your business.....

I'll bite...you don't have to bait me twice. I like Shannon, great coach, may be a little volatile for some tastes, nothing against him, has done a great job in the environment he is in....stepping into the situation currently at Scott may not be the best move for him or the system, that's all.

 

Enough "guts" for you ? No disrespect, but like others have said, just because you coach doesn't mean everyone has to know all your business.....

 

Didn't ask anyone to delve into his personal life.

 

People seem to know or think they know about his past coaching stops & have taken backhanded shots but with no substance, just sizzle.

 

Everyone that I've heard who is interested & applied (Minor, Fromeyer, Stapleton, Sullivan) seems to be of the same mold as Carr, intense & demanding.

Didn't ask anyone to delve into his personal life. People seem to know or think they know about his past coaching stops & have taken backhanded shots but with no substance' date=' just sizzle. Everyone that I've heard who is interested & applied (Minor, Fromeyer, Stapleton, Sullivan) seems to be of the same mold as Carr, intense & demanding.[/quote']

 

Sullivan? From Cooper?

Sullivan? From Cooper?

 

Sullivan was an assistant at Scott prior to Carr coming, and I believe he may have been a candidate for the job when Carr got it. Sullivan's wife is currently a teacher and the volleyball coach at Scott.

 

Don't know if he applied or would be interested in the job though. Seems like it would be a lateral move at best...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.