Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Selection Show

Featured Replies

4 SEC teams make the NIT field: Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and South Carolina

 

Interesting matchup in the NIT is Ohio State vs. Akron

  • Replies 265
  • Views 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've already packed it in this year. My Jags are more interesting to me than Duke this year. For the first time ever.

 

#fairweatherfan

Probably the most overhyped, we got messed over day of the year. It doesn't really matter. Beat who is in front of you and move on. I love this tournament. Best tournament there is bar none in any sport and I LOVE the NFL. A meaningless regular season turns completely into one and done.

 

Lets go!! I could care less what seed anyone is and who is in. These games are fun.

When was the last time UK had a favorable bracket?

What did UK do to be punished by the selection comm.

 

Hired Cal.

ESPN Bracketology just had the committee chair on and Andy Katz asked him why Kentucky was #4 seed and A&M a #3 seed, and he basically said it was because the Cats had several losses to teams not even in the field.

 

Just because there may be 1-2 reasons why UK could be lower, there are just as many or more so that go in UK's favor.

 

More than likely they should be the same seed, but if one should be a better seed, I see more on UK's side of the ledger.

 

:lol2: three posts earlier I talk about being a Jags fan. While I would love Duke go back to back I'm a realist. It would be something short of a miracle for Duke to even sniff the Final Four. Duke just isn't a championship caliber team this year. Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

:lol2: three posts earlier I talk about being a Jags fan. While I would love Duke go back to back I'm a realist. It would be something short of a miracle for Duke to even sniff the Final Four. Duke just isn't a championship caliber team this year. Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

 

Being a 4 seed is not a miracle run and as I keep telling you it's not there other teams out there who are definite championship caliber. It's wide open this year.

 

Now if these teams were in last year's tournament bracket then yes it would have been a miracle. Because last year did have some dominant teams. This year there is none.

:lol2: three posts earlier I talk about being a Jags fan. While I would love Duke go back to back I'm a realist. It would be something short of a miracle for Duke to even sniff the Final Four. Duke just isn't a championship caliber team this year. Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

 

Lol, there was a hint of sarcasm in my post, even though it was a short hashtag post. I would have simply hit my like button but it's not working at the moment so I went with the hashtag joke.

Lol, there was a hint of sarcasm in my post, even though it was a short hashtag post. I would have simply hit my like button but it's not working at the moment so I went with the hashtag joke.

 

I know you were lol. This lack of like button is the worst. I need that Facebook like satisfaction back.

Being a 4 seed is not a miracle run and as I keep telling you it's not there other teams out there who are definite championship caliber. It's wide open this year.

 

Now if these teams were in last year's tournament bracket then yes it would have been a miracle. Because last year did have some dominant teams. This year there is none.

 

By all means I hope you're right and Duke goes on a run and proves me wrong but I watched almost every Duke game this year, and I can't picture it in my head for them to make a deep run. That being said this year is different so anything can happen.

ESPN Bracketology just had the committee chair on and Andy Katz asked him why Kentucky was #4 seed and A&M a #3 seed, and he basically said it was because the Cats had several losses to teams not even in the field.

I don't think losses before mid-January should carry much weight. I think how a team plays in the last half of the season is more important. Teams such as UK usually have a lot of young inexperienced players that take a while to mold into a solid team. That's what happened with this UK team. Kids had to develop into the team they are at this point. An early season loss to UCLA and Ohio State (with an inured Ulis at about 25%) are irrelevant by seeding time in March. But evidently the committee doesn't see it that way.

 

That being said though, there are zero excuses for the loss at Auburn at any time of the year. No excuses whatsoever.

I don't think losses before mid-January should carry much weight. I think how a team plays in the last half of the season is more important. Teams such as UK usually have a lot of young inexperienced players that take a while to mold into a solid team. That's what happened with this UK team. Kids had to develop into the team they are at this point. An early season loss to UCLA and Ohio State (with an inured Ulis at about 25%) are irrelevant by seeding time in March. But evidently the committee doesn't see it that way.

 

That line of thinking all but insures a mid major or small conference team has no chance of securing an at large since no matter how great they look during conference play, the teams they're playing each night aren't very good. You play an entire season to compile a resume which can be compared to other resumes.

 

Kentucky has beaten 3 tournament teams this year plus Louisville. Two out of those four teams were splits, so out of tournament-caliber teams they proved to be without question better on that given day twice all season. One of those splits was also against Vanderbilt who many expected to not make the field. They have losses to three teams who finished a combined 41-56 plus an average at best Ohio State.

 

The eye test says they are playing some strong basketball at the right time of the year, and this year has been full of upsets, but they have a fairly flawed resume. It looks to me like one of a 4 or 5 seed, even though they're currently playing like a 2 or 3.

I'm ok with a four, not ok with a 10:00pm game time. Oh well, will still be getting used to the time change anyway.

My only real criticisms with the bracket are:

 

1. IU is at worst a 4 seed. To give them a 5 is a joke.

 

2. How in the world did Tulsa get in? They're a really poor basketball team.

 

3. The regions just seemed out of whack. KU as the #1 overall seed should be in Chicago and the Midwest, right?

 

4. Texas A&M as a 3 seed. That's saying the committee thinks A&M is one of the best 12 teams in the country, which makes me wonder if they were drunk making the brackets..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.