March 14, 201610 yr 2015. Couldn't complain about 2014 either. 2014? You mean, the bracket of death? Wichita, Louisville, Michigan, and then Wisconsin before getting to the title game? Those were 4 of the 8-10 best teams in the tournament that year.
March 14, 201610 yr There is no reasons of them to play in the second round. . Yes, there is a reason. They want the match-up to happen. I would be more cool with the committee if they came out and acknowledged this.
March 14, 201610 yr Yes, there is a reason. They want the match-up to happen. I would be more cool with the committee if they came out and acknowledged this. I agree completely. If they were open about how they did stuff, the complaining would be considerably less
March 14, 201610 yr About 45 minutes into the selection show (which was only through a bracket and a half), I turned to my wife and said A&M will be a 3, UK will be a 4 seed. Same thing happened in 2011 when UK rolled Florida in the SEC championship game. I was actually more shocked A&M was a 3 than UK being a 4.
March 14, 201610 yr About 45 minutes into the selection show (which was only through a bracket and a half), I turned to my wife and said A&M will be a 3, UK will be a 4 seed. Same thing happened in 2011 when UK rolled Florida in the SEC championship game. I was actually more shocked A&M was a 3 than UK being a 4. About 45 minutes into the show, I was screaming at the TV to just reveal the stupid brackets. No one cared what Barkley or Seth, or anyone else thought. Just tell us who's in and where. :lol2:
March 14, 201610 yr About 45 minutes into the show, I was screaming at the TV to just reveal the stupid brackets. No one cared what Barkley or Seth, or anyone else thought. Just tell us who's in and where. :lol2: They really need to do something about the NBA guys covering this thing. I could get up there and sound more knowledgeable than Barkley on the subject. If he has watched more than 100 minutes of college basketball this season I would be shocked.
March 14, 201610 yr Yes, there is a reason. They want the match-up to happen. I would be more cool with the committee if they came out and acknowledged this. Dan Patrick had the head of the committee on today and asked him about it and he brushed it off of course. Come on, we aren't stupid.
March 14, 201610 yr I'd love to see the ratings for this compared to last years. The bracket getting leaked 30 minutes in was probably a dagger to the suits upstairs.
March 14, 201610 yr I don't think people would be upset if there was consistency with the process. Criteria by which teams are evaluated. Getting back to IU and UK... for IU, they clearly took into consideration their buzzer beater defeat to another tournament team and dropped them from a 2 or 3 seed. For UK, it didn't mean anything to win the conference tournament. What gives?
March 14, 201610 yr The Selection Committee has long been about fixing up potential matchups to draw ratings ever since it went to a seeding process. Examples: 1982 and 1983 KY and UL. Committee did all they could to try and get the two clubs together and then threw them together in 1984 when they had the chance again because of the great results of '83. Might add the same that in '96 people forget that Wake Forest and UL squared off in the Sweet 16 opposite UK/Utah. Michigan State/ UVA the last three years. Duke vs KY. Really concerted effort after the '92 game. Stuck them together in '94, '98, '02. Not as much as of late since they play in the regular season every third year. Someone help me cause I know there are more out there. Of course Rick Majerus absolutely hated the committees if you look at all the times they matched Utah in the same Regional as KY from '93 to around '99 or so.
March 14, 201610 yr 2014? You mean, the bracket of death? Wichita, Louisville, Michigan, and then Wisconsin before getting to the title game? Those were 4 of the 8-10 best teams in the tournament that year. It was the toughest road but UK really underachieved during the season. They earned that 8 seed but Wichita State didn't earn UK in their bracket.
March 14, 201610 yr Selection committee are going to get exactly what they wanted...ratings. IU vs UK (if it happens) will be one of the highest rated round of 32 games ever, I'd think.
March 14, 201610 yr 2014? You mean, the bracket of death? Wichita, Louisville, Michigan, and then Wisconsin before getting to the title game? Those were 4 of the 8-10 best teams in the tournament that year. They were an 8 seed. Never will complain when they are an 8 seed.
March 14, 201610 yr Selection committee are going to get exactly what they wanted...ratings. IU vs UK (if it happens) will be one of the highest rated round of 32 games ever, I'd think. At least as high as the Wichita State/UK matchup in 2014
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.